2015/05/26 04:07:36
lfm
Yes, a bit unfortunate - it won't get many more votes as described in OP - it got 5 in 8 months.
Hopefully people read down a bit....or it's enough already for Cake to consider at some time...
2015/07/14 21:50:34
CadErik
+1 for arranger track like StudioOne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZALHeAeOjM4

2015/07/15 03:28:16
Kev999
I would like to see this feature integrated with the proposed idea of a customisable timeline ruler, as described here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3098058

The different sections of the song would be defined by the user as coloured blocks along the timeline and their sequence could be rearrangeable in an Arrangement Window.
2015/07/15 08:34:34
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Its been on our radar for about 10 years :) In fact we started some prototype work on this as far back as 2006.
We all know it would be a useful feature to have but we have had other priorities and it would have taken quite a large investment since it does require some retooling of the engine for seamless playback of disjoint regions. Not to say that we won't do it but its not yet in the pipeline. Doing the basics for non linear arrangement are not that difficult but getting streaming to work flawlessly is a different matter. The matrix playback engine essentially does non linear playback but there are some caveats that would have to be designed for.

Actually there is a question about primary usage that would be interesting to know. Are users expecting this to be a tool for arrangement primarily or a live playback tool. If seamless realtime playback of sections is secondary then this could be a simpler project. i.e. if you can layout the song, preview it and then and render it as a wave file would that meet the main requirements?
2015/07/15 10:19:10
g_randybrown
Are users expecting this to be a tool for arrangement primarily or a live playback tool.

Just an arranging tool would be wonderful IMHO!
2015/07/15 10:41:12
bronsoncox

Actually there is a question about primary usage that would be interesting to know. Are users expecting this to be a tool for arrangement primarily or a live playback tool. If seamless realtime playback of sections is secondary then this could be a simpler project. i.e. if you can layout the song, preview it and then and render it as a wave file would that meet the main requirements?

For me, it would be arrangement. I don't use Sonar as a live performance medium (unless it would be for playing out a sequence of backing tracks/play list) and haven't even ventured in to Matrix land.

2015/07/15 11:40:51
mudgel
An arrangement tool.
On the question of seamless playback what is that so difficult to achieve?
Many people now have an existing example as per Studio One 3 which not only has the arranger track but the scratchpad window where you can drag various sections to the right of the existing project and still rearrange sections there. All these sections still have seamless playback.its as if each scratchpad is a window into a new project that retains all of the existing project settings and sections can be dragged back and forth at will

For me Mix recall is a more useful feature than the arranger track as there are workarounds for the arranger that we can use in Sonar now but no work around for a Mix recal.
2015/07/15 12:00:26
Makzimia
This is already a feature of Logic Pro X also. Very handy, a must have QOL thing imho.
2015/07/15 13:34:13
bapu
g_randybrown
Are users expecting this to be a tool for arrangement primarily or a live playback tool.

Just an arranging tool would be wonderful IMHO!

Yup. I don't play live {tongueincheek} and SONAR is not a juke box for me. {/tongueincheek}
2015/07/15 13:45:10
mudgel
An arrangement tool.
On the question of seamless playback what is that so difficult to achieve?

Seamless playback when jumping around a timeline is a complex task in any DAW. Today if you have a complex project and seek around the timeline playback will start from the new location but there could be a brief loss of time while the transport relocates and prebuffers etc. In a simple project its fast but if you have lots of tracks and fx it could be a second or so before its synced.
Thats what I meant by seamless vs sequenced sections.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account