2015/07/15 14:37:59
stevec
Put me down for arrangement purposes only as well. 
2015/07/15 18:02:08
Susan G
Arrangement here, too.

Thanks-

-Susan
2015/07/15 18:51:40
Brando
Susan G
Arrangement here, too.

Thanks-

-Susan

Same yes - arrangement
2015/07/15 21:39:15
Kev999
The way I envisage it working is as follows:
  1. User moves objects around in the Arrangement Window.
  2. User hits the "Test Playback" button and listens (If the playback quality at this stage is not optimum, then that's ok).
  3. When the user is happy with the new arrangement, he/she presses the "Accept" button. The project then re-arranges itself according to the new order in the Arrangement Window. Clips, markers, tempo changes, etc. are all moved to new positions along the timeline. Some splitting of clips is likely to occur.
2015/07/16 00:07:29
CadErik
g_randybrown
Are users expecting this to be a tool for arrangement primarily or a live playback tool.

Just an arranging tool would be wonderful IMHO!

Fully agree, I don't need arrangement in live mode either, all I would like is a quick way to change a song structure. Even the visuals of an arrangement track would help alot.

Erik.
2015/07/16 02:40:10
...wicked
Arrangement. The idea is that after you layout all your sections you'd have to go in and fine-tune things anyway. So it's really a way to quickly and easily get tons of clips distributed on the timeline.
2015/07/16 02:42:43
Notecrusher
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]

Are users expecting this to be a tool for arrangement primarily or a live playback tool. If seamless realtime playback of sections is secondary then this could be a simpler project. i.e. if you can layout the song, preview it and then and render it as a wave file would that meet the main requirements?

Another vote for "tool for arrangement". I don't know why you talk about render to wave though. You want all tracks to remain as is in terms of MIDI/audio/instruments content, but the time line would be reordered after moving some sort of representations of song section blocks around.

2015/07/16 03:15:46
jih64
Another vote here for just an arrangement tool.
2015/07/16 04:48:47
mettelus
Yet another vote for the arranger tool. Stopping the transport to work/arrange is actually very trivial in my mind compared to the incredible asset this would be to workflows.

Real-time would be icing on the cake (for when it comes), but I do not see this as big of a win as being able to chop & swap sections willy nilly (with the transport stopped). As mentioned above, the real-time portion can be accommodated to some extent with the Matrix View now.
2015/07/19 21:20:09
bitman
When I first used Sonar after switching from an ADAT and mixer I was astonished that there was no way to run sections of the song in an order dictated by a list or yes, an arrange window.

This seems so computer - esq like it should be job one for any daw after they tackle recording and playback.

I had forgotten all about this and have been doing the dreaded dangerous cut and paste of whole chunks of multitrack.

Now I'm astonished again. :-)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account