2015/07/19 21:28:17
bitman
Noel, couldn't Sonar see the next section coming up and pre buffer the first necessary bit of data from each track using maybe another worker pump? I would leave reverb tails to the user to deal with at first.

I'll bet it's been tried there and least a little. ;-)
2015/07/22 06:39:49
Zargg
+1 on an arrangement tool / window.
2015/07/22 09:00:00
mudgel
I'm all for the arrangement aspect. My earlier question about gap free audio was for understanding of process not to question whether one way was better or not.
2015/07/23 11:59:38
BombayCharlie
Hi. I would love to see an "Arrange" track like in GarageBand, or something like that function in the new Presonus DAW where you can highlight a bunch of tracks and non-destructively move sections around to change the arrangement. I re-arrange songs a lot and the current process in Sonar is cumbersome, to me, at least.

Thanks
2015/07/27 09:05:01
Lord Tim
+1 to what Kev999 said.
2015/08/10 16:41:31
skdrummr
Below is the address to a web page showing a great feature that Acid Pro 7 has that all DAWs should have. Maybe it can be added to the next Sonar release:

acidpro.helpmax.net/en/using-acid/editing-events-on-the-timeline/using-sections/

You may need to add http:// at the beginning of that website address.
2015/08/10 17:24:48
Brando
There have been a few requests for an "arranger view". This FR has come up in those discussions IIRC.
Thanks - great idea though.
2015/08/10 18:14:27
BobF
Please add your vote & comments here -->  http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3114901
2015/08/10 19:06:56
scook
merged into this thread as this is the arranger track request Noel has commented in.
2015/08/22 14:46:46
Vastman
This would be the most significant improvement I can possibly imagine for Sonar... I am a songwriter... and get very frustrated with not being able to define parts, sections, or parts of sections and not move them around or duplicate them quickly and reliably in the creative process... Immeasurably screws with the creative/possibilities juices; this is separate from all the pros wanting to quickly show customers possible re-arrangements; BOTH are huge...

I don't care how difficult it is... I'd give up the next 3 to 6 months of "new" things for this...everything else pales in comparison... 

UI: define and name parts in the time line; rt. click to select "all, or specific tracks" from a drop down list, with pick up and tails boxes for each track, have a traditional copy, past, delete function for the selections, find new point in the song (beginning, within, or at end) and press paste, press "draft", then... if loved, press render... to do the hard stuff...

tracks to include could also be selected by scrolling and highlighting.  Once moved or duplicated/inserted, auto rename like original with a "dup" addition, which can be renamed by us.

Seems to me that this might become a part of the mix module "scene" capture system???  

lots of people seem to be incorporating this into DAWs now and I truly hope the genius's baking our DAW can come up with at least an initial remix/arrange system soon...and refine it as they are so many things, based on feedback.

Thanks, Noel... pleeeeeeese.... arranging is so much needed... think about the live stuff later... 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account