2015/08/22 14:49:51
Gene921
I came across a program called SongFrame a few years back, but never really got far into it.  I'm really visual, so I like the interface used to drag "song bits" around.

Check it out - about :45 in.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u04MdF68KU
2015/08/22 15:01:15
Kylotan
I saw the Presonus Studio One Arranger Track and Scratchpad today, and basically that is exactly what I want in Sonar - perhaps enough that I will move DAWs now I know I can get that feature at a decent price.

To add my answer to the earlier question, I need seamless playback, not just rendered output. I dont want to wait for a mixdown to see if my new arrangement idea works. Either I need to be able to easily select and move entire sections without hacks and wrestling with selections, or I need playback to be able to jump to markers from arbitrary points (just the loop functionality on steroids really), or just something like musical directions (e.g. D.S. al Coda, etc) that do much the same.

Apart from being a great help in song writing, this will be invaluable for computer game developers who often need to write a bunch of loops that all have to work together in arbitrary permutations.

Bonus points are available if it's possible to specify that the end of oversized clips can 'spill over' into the next section!
2015/08/22 15:26:53
Vastman
it might be tempting to jump for some but with "mix" and track templates alone, Sonar would be hard to leave... actually, for a zillion reasons... but I feel your message, K... Please, bakers... focus on this.  It can be an evolving thing... but let's get somewhere quicker than later.  

Last time I demoes S2 I was NOT impressed; however, I did watch their S3 webcast and was impressed, although with a better thought out arrange window, scratch pad is really just a gimmick... for example, if I selected the parts of a chorus I like, pasted this to the end, then add new parts to it... it serves as a "scratch" and can be saved or inserted as desired.

I like the cubase system too but would love a "repitch the song as currently arranged" feature so I could do final independent editing, adding, deleting over the entire timeline and not merely jump... for example, in the second chorus I might want to add another guitar and several different voices, to build the song to a crescendo... can't do this with just a "jump" feature... render is needed for this...
2015/08/23 05:57:45
Notecrusher
Vastman
This would be the most significant improvement I can possibly imagine for Sonar... 

I have to agree. My number one new feature request. I also like what Studio One v3 has done w/ their Arranger Track/Scratch Pad. I'd like to see Sonar refine the idea even more. For example, Sonar has markers which users naturally use to demarcate song sections. So it would be cool if the arranger feature let you treat the time region defined by marker A to marker B as a song section.

2015/08/27 16:12:43
cyberzip
Every time I want to try different arrangements in my EDM projects, it's a huge job to cut & paste sections in Sonar. Cutting & pasting envelopes has improved somewhat in later years, but the process is still not fast nor painless.

Then I saw the "Arranger track" feature in the new Presonus Studio One 3.0. Wow, it looks so incredibly sweet! Please Cakewalk, considering something like this for Sonar!

Look how easy it's to move verse one:

Studio One 3—Arranger Track and Scratch Pads
https://youtu.be/ZALHeAeOjM4?t=2m21s
2015/08/27 16:22:31
scook
moved from SONAR and merged with previous requests.
2015/08/27 16:23:02
bayoubill
I cast my vote for it! THAT IS SWEET!
2015/08/27 16:30:49
cyberzip
scook
moved from SONAR and merged with previous requests.

Thanks!

Wow, amazing support for this feature here! :D I've been campaigning about copying/pasting/moving song sections for years without gaining much traction, but once you see how it can be done effectively, it gets appealing I suppose. :)
2015/08/27 16:37:59
scook
note msg #34
2015/08/27 18:31:42
stoutlyric
Please add this!

+1
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account