2016/03/31 22:00:42
kevinwal
If Cakewalk has great reasons for not providing a Mac port of Sonar, imagine the pile of reasons they have for not doing a Linux port? 
2016/04/16 16:47:21
letyourlightshine
A computer is a tool we use to create music/make money/have fun.I'm all for linux sonar and mac sonar,and still for PC sonar.Come on now.
2016/04/16 18:49:56
ampfixer
IF you have to run on a different OS get Harrison Mixbuss. It runs on Win, Mac and Linux. Cakewalk doesn't have enough people to support Sonar and different OS's would be a nightmare.
2016/04/19 08:34:07
BobF
wst3
bapuIn America ABC, NBC and CBS was the last time there was room for 3 major players battling it out.

Microsoft and Apple simply will not allow a 3rd major (consumer) OS to emerge.

I would agree, right up to the part where it is 2016, and a lot of the rules have changed... so while neither MS nor Apple will allow a third competitor, I'm not sure they could prevent it from happening. The internet giveth, and the internet taketh away. However, the entire *nix community has been disorganized since Berkeley requested the tapes from AT&T way back in 1974. And I don't imagine that will change...

I used to code on a Pyramid mini that had SVR3.2 and BSD4.3 in the same kernel ... that was sweet
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account