2016/04/23 15:35:23
jonboper
So it's been awhile since I've used Sonar, but as of this morning it's just crashing constantly, upon almost every synth insert and delete...I scoped out this forum for answers but it doesn't seem anyone else is having this problem. Am I maybe missing something obvious?

Windows 10
decent computer
Focusrite
Platinum
2016/04/23 16:47:34
jonboper
Progress, maybe - 'reinstalled' all of the synths from CCC, and now it's not crashing every time, but still quite often...teleport service problems? What does this mean?
2016/04/25 08:36:16
dcumpian
Teleport service means you are attempting to run 32bit synths in 64bit Sonar. Try using the 64bit versions instead.

Regards,
Dan

2016/04/25 16:59:00
jonboper
Thanks Dan, I've been cleaning up my plugins...they were everywhere, scattered by clumsy installers, even though it's a clean install of Windows and everything. I'm still having trouble with a few synths, Rapture Pro especially, but from what I'm seeing on the forum I'm far from the only one.
2016/04/28 13:52:36
robert_e_bone
Anytime Sonar is running with a loaded project and in Windows Task Manager you see BitBridge  (or the commercial app called JBridge) running, you have at least 1 32-bit plugin loaded into Sonar.

I made a complete cut over from 32-bit to only 64-bit plugins a few years back, and doing so INSTANTLY cleared up just about all crashes for me in Sonar.

Many 32-bit plugins have 64-bit versions freely available, though more hit or miss with freeware 32-bit plugins than commercially-produced ones, so for any you really cherish, it is well worth a look to see if your favorite 32-bit plugins are indeed available as a 64-bit update/upgrade.

Bob Bone

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account