• Computers
  • Computer hardware update - one week in, rambling notes (p.2)
2017/01/14 05:49:20
ston
abacab
To add your own tiles, just drag an app that you want to see from the main menu "All Apps" and drop where you like.

Simple!

Ta!
2017/01/14 19:35:25
Cactus Music
I recently was given this HP Pavilion i7. 
It came with W7 Home and all the wonderful HP bloatware. 
The 1 TB hard drive was a mess from everybody in the family mucking about, torrents etc.. 
So I pulled it and put in a new SSD drive. As you all know you can't use the original OME OS as it is stored in a partition. HP would send the disk for $50. Screw that. 
 out comes the handy cracked W7 DVD. 
It took FOREVER to get W7 up and running. And I had to manually download and install each and every driver from the HP website.  It was about a week before I was trying it out as my possible new DAW machine. 

While I was looking for answers for manually downloading updates for W7 the MS site window begging me to update pops up and I wonder, how much is W10 now? 
This led me to a small corner of the MS community where they explained how you get W10 for free still. 
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/accessibility/windows10upgrade

So I did this and you know, I installed W10 for free and everything worked instantly. No driver issues, nothing, huge time saver is all I can say, I loved W7 but it's now off my list of OS's to use unless no other choice. 
2017/01/14 19:51:51
abacab
Windows 7 lives on for me as a DVR in my living room.  XP lives in my closet.  They are both available if I need to run a legacy app that won't deal with Win 10.  I use Win 10 now for everything that matters
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account