2018/06/12 04:10:35
TheSteven
I downloaded that last v9 offline installer just in case.
https://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

2018/06/12 09:32:41
BobF
Yep - stinks to high hades.  Downloading the V9 installers.  No way I'm gonna WUP for more than I paid for the plugs to begin with.  I'll consider if/when some serious discounts become available.

Or maybe I'll let Waves Gold go and spend my WUP $$ somewhere else.  I really love the AR Plates and the PRS GTR is pretty good too.

2018/06/12 10:02:35
ZincTrumpet
TheSteven
I downloaded that last v9 offline installer just in case.
https://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

Thanks TS.

Not used this before but also now downloading. Presumably this would allow you to take everything back to V9 without any connection to waves central. Seems like a good insurance policy anyway.
2018/06/12 10:19:31
Grem
ZincTrumpet

Not used this before but also now downloading. Presumably this would allow you to take everything back to V9 without any connection to waves central. Seems like a good insurance policy anyway.

The only way to use the off-line installer is with WC.
2018/06/12 10:55:20
msorrels
One of the odd things about Waves and WUP was the fact that if you owned a V9 license you could install any updates to V9, even updates that shipped after your WUP had expired. 

Which (at least for me) made Waves whole WUP thing not quite as evil.  This any V9 updates with any V9 license policy was never all that clear and I know confused lots of people into WUPing plugins when they didn't need to. 

Do we know if that's still the case with V10?  When the handful of WUPed plugins I upgraded to V10 go off WUP in the next few months, will I still be able to get future V10 updates?
2018/06/12 11:51:40
KingsMix
Hidden_Symmetry
KingsMix
BobF
$201 extends Gold and individuals to 2020 ... but the release show nothing exciting.

Maybe the incrementals along the way would be worth it.  Meh ...

Gold added 2 new plugins (800 piano + Kramer drum)

Many plugins were added since I first bought it

Wow !!! Nostalgia.
Do you remember how much you paid for it back then?
2018/06/12 12:31:32
TheSteven
re: $201 extends Gold and individuals to 2020

So that's gambling that Waves is going to come out with enough must have $29 specials that the $201 ends up being cost effective.

2018/06/12 12:35:11
everyPlugin

It was $1,300 Native / $2,600 TDM when Waves released it in the late 90's.
No WUP back then (and no codes...) big success tho.
These prices held for many years with lot of sales.

2018/06/12 12:41:58
TheSteven
msorrels
One of the odd things about Waves and WUP was the fact that if you owned a V9 license you could install any updates to V9, even updates that shipped after your WUP had expired. 

Which (at least for me) made Waves whole WUP thing not quite as evil.  This any V9 updates with any V9 license policy was never all that clear and I know confused lots of people into WUPing plugins when they didn't need to. 

Do we know if that's still the case with V10?  When the handful of WUPed plugins I upgraded to V10 go off WUP in the next few months, will I still be able to get future V10 updates?

re v9 that was how Waves explained it to me when I questioned them in length about WUP several years ago.
As long as you had at least one plugin with an active WUP all your plugins were covered for updates.
That probably was a necessity at the time because their installer wasn't smart enough to distinguish WUP vs nonWUP status on individual plugins. 
But their installer is now sophisticated enough to discriminate and it does. So we have a de facto policy change wrapped up in a marginal update pushed by marketing with buzz words like future proof, etc.

They're screwing us. 
2018/06/12 12:45:43
retired_account

Wow !!! Nostalgia.

Mucho dinero compared to what you can get it for now.  I was lucky to get it on sale for $350.00. IIRC it retailed for something like $600.00 & Waves rarely had sales back in the late 90's.
No regrets, many in the collection are still my go-tos.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account