2018/06/12 13:28:58
BobF
msorrels
Just thought I'd share what I'm seeing with this. 

I have a pile of plugins still under WUP and a pile of plugins not under WUP.  On the Waves site I updated all the WUPed plugins licenses.  The site had a list of everything that was still under WUP, I checked them all and did the license update.  I installed the new Waves Central.  Then I transferred all the new licenses to my USB thumb drive.  Then I installed all the V10 plugins Waves Central listed for me but I declined all the offers to uninstall V9 (since it uninstalls all V9 plugins).  I did pick the option to install and update when doing the install though (strange dialog early on the install process)

Since I only use the VST3 versions of Wave plugins, inside Cubase 9.5 and SONAR/Bandlab (tried both) everything is pretty much what you'd expect, when I load a plugin that I have a V10 license for I get the V10 version.  When I load a plugin I have a V9 license for, I get the V9 version.  But in Reaper I see two copies of every V10 plugin.  One loads as V9 the other as V10.  In SONAR and Cubase these V9 versions are hidden.  Though SONAR/Bandlab shows the old 9.92 version number in the Browser window status bar, when it loads it is the V10 version.  But in Reaper I can actually load the V9 version of plugins I have V10 versions of.

If you look at the two Waves plugin dirs:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10

I see bundles for every plugin in both directories.  So the V9 plugins are still there, and V10 versions of plugins I don't have V10 licenses for.

A while back I upgraded my Gold and a few loose Ren plugins to Gold+Ren, which let me trade in those loose licenses and get a new Gold+Ren with a new WUP at a big discount.  Buying an upgrade as a way to get new plugins plus WUP (and in this case V10) may be a better deal than just paying for WUP itself.  Depending on if you have loose licenses to plugins that make up the bundle.  I'm sure there will be more upgrade/WUP games that can get the price of going to V10 cheaper. 

I'm really at a loss why they released V10 with not a single updated plugin.  That seems crazy.  I'm only going to WUP if I get something out of it, and right now V10 offers nothing.  Strange.

Thanks for the tip.  I had a loose Ren plug, so I was able to upgrade to Gold+RenMax for $44 instead of WUP for $201.  Now it's WUP'd for another year.

Now if I can just get V10 to scan ...
2018/06/12 14:26:02
Starise
I seen this email last night. I dread even looking into this. I mean, everything is working right now. I never bought a package like gold or silver. I have maybe two dozen plugs from them.
2018/06/12 14:55:14
retired_account
Anyone who's afraid of updating just wait a while unless your WUP is about to expire.
I had no problems, ended up removing all previous Waves  related & registry files then re-installed WC / v10 from scratch. Tested several hours on all my daws & old projects It performing fine. Backed up to 3 hardiness, my system is now totally v10 & moving on...

2018/06/13 03:05:07
Jesse G
Don't forget to remove your V9 plugins if you're updating to V10 you should receive a message from for Waves Central to remove your V9 plugins after the installation of all V10 plugins. That's if WUP is up to date.  

I had to update 2 plugins that were a few months behind because they were purchased with a separate email account.  I gotta merge my plugins to one account.  Now that's gonna cost me a bit more too.....
2018/06/25 12:57:19
fwrend
Just FYI - I've been dealing with some of the same confusing issues between versions 9 & 10.  I happened to let V10 install delete my V9 stuff and lost a lot of plugs.  I've since gotten everything to 10 not wanting to reinstall 9.  This helped me straighten things out and thought it might help.

I came across this on the Samplitude forum - someone there received this procedure from the Waves techs:

Doing a Clean Install -
If you have IR convolution reverb impulse files, please back up the following folders:
•C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses

•C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses V2
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Acoustics.net Impulses (if exists)

First, uninstall:
1.Launch Central.
2.Go to Install > Uninstall, checkmark both boxes and click Uninstall.
3.Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall Central.
4.Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the Waves folder.

5.Press [Win key]+R, type %AppData% and hit Enter.
6.In the 'Roaming' folder that shows, drag the Waves Audio folder to your desktop.
7.Press [Win key]+R, type %LocalAppData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
8.Press [Win key]+R, type %ProgramData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.

9.Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
•C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
•C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins
•C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
•C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins

•C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ DigiDesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
•C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
•C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\WPAPI

Now to re-install:
1.Download the offline installer for Windows.
2.Transfer the offline installer to the offline computer.
3.Unzip the installer to your desktop, and install Waves Central.
4.Launch Waves Central and click Install Products.
5.On the left column, choose Select Offline Installer.
6.When prompted, highlight the Waves folder on your desktop and click Select folder/Open.
7.On the middle column, select the products you wish to install.
8.Click on the Install button.

2018/06/26 21:17:30
Grem
Great instructions Wren.

Thanks!

I would suggest all who has Waves plugins to copy this and keep in a safe place. You may need them one day!
2018/06/26 22:37:44
BobF
fwrend
Just FYI - I've been dealing with some of the same confusing issues between versions 9 & 10.  I happened to let V10 install delete my V9 stuff and lost a lot of plugs.  I've since gotten everything to 10 not wanting to reinstall 9.  This helped me straighten things out and thought it might help.

I came across this on the Samplitude forum - someone there received this procedure from the Waves techs:

Doing a Clean Install -
If you have IR convolution reverb impulse files, please back up the following folders:
•C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses

•C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses V2
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Acoustics.net Impulses (if exists)

First, uninstall:
1.Launch Central.
2.Go to Install > Uninstall, checkmark both boxes and click Uninstall.
3.Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall Central.
4.Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the Waves folder.

5.Press [Win key]+R, type %AppData% and hit Enter.
6.In the 'Roaming' folder that shows, drag the Waves Audio folder to your desktop.
7.Press [Win key]+R, type %LocalAppData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
8.Press [Win key]+R, type %ProgramData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.

9.Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
•C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
•C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins
•C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
•C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins

•C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ DigiDesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
•C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
•C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\WPAPI

Now to re-install:
1.Download the offline installer for Windows.
2.Transfer the offline installer to the offline computer.
3.Unzip the installer to your desktop, and install Waves Central.
4.Launch Waves Central and click Install Products.
5.On the left column, choose Select Offline Installer.
6.When prompted, highlight the Waves folder on your desktop and click Select folder/Open.
7.On the middle column, select the products you wish to install.
8.Click on the Install button.

Thanks - got my copy!
2018/06/27 01:20:23
BassDaddy
Bob hit the nail on the head. New version 10 with no changes. Not even new GUI for the IR-1? Now why am I spending my money?
2018/07/01 20:18:08
Fleer
Apparently Waves have added an organizer for those who want to mix v9 and v10 plugins: https://www.waves.com/sup...-after-updating-to-v10
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account