2018/06/29 19:46:03
Glyn Barnes
I just bought the new Trevor Horn preset bank for Arturia Analog Lab 3 . Every time I try to install it in Analog Lab standalone the program crashes to the desktop.

I also tried the VST in Sonar and that also crashes, taking Sonar with it.

Has any one else had a problem? I have opened a support ticket.
2018/06/30 10:49:13
Glyn Barnes
A quick update and a shout-out to Arturia support. Within a hour or two of submitting the ticket I had a detailed response with a solution. I tried it this morning and everything is OK now.
2018/06/30 11:30:09
ZincTrumpet
Glad you got it sorted Glyn.

I was about to post to say that it's working fine here although I don't have that preset bank.
Just curious to know what the fix was in case I come across it or was it specific to that bank?

Also, how would you rate the Trevor Horn bank (assume it's the Art of Horn bank here --> https://www.arturia.com/community/presets )?

Cheers
2018/06/30 11:32:28
pwalpwal
not the horn bank, but the boards of canada one only has 30-something presets!
2018/06/30 17:20:02
Glyn Barnes
The fix was to delete all the files in the Analog Lab TEMP folder in "Program Data", then re-sync Arturia software centre.

The presets in the "Art of Horn" pack sound pretty good, there are not a lot of them but they are quite varied. I guess it depends on how you use preset packs but I can find huge numbers of presets overwhelming and would rather have fewer good starting points for modification that a raft of mediocre variations on a theme. YMMV but I started on on Analog synths when presets were unheard of.
2018/07/01 00:03:11
bjornpdx
Would you guys check out an Analog Lab preset, namely  "Arcane Organ"

I want to use it in a project but it has all this aliasing type noise on the
higher frequencies. I don't think the noise is intentional either.
I just want to know if the problem is with the preset or with my computer.
Thanks
2018/07/01 08:04:33
ZincTrumpet
Glyn Barnes
The fix was to delete all the files in the Analog Lab TEMP folder in "Program Data", then re-sync Arturia software centre.

The presets in the "Art of Horn" pack sound pretty good, there are not a lot of them but they are quite varied. I guess it depends on how you use preset packs but I can find huge numbers of presets overwhelming and would rather have fewer good starting points for modification that a raft of mediocre variations on a theme. YMMV but I started on on Analog synths when presets were unheard of.

Thanks for the information Glyn.
2018/07/01 08:18:04
ZincTrumpet
bjornpdx
Would you guys check out an Analog Lab preset, namely  "Arcane Organ"

I want to use it in a project but it has all this aliasing type noise on the
higher frequencies. I don't think the noise is intentional either.
I just want to know if the problem is with the preset or with my computer.
Thanks

No aliasing type noise here. This preset seems to use an organ sound on Osc1 mixed with noise on Osc2. 
If it's the noise on Osc2 that you are referring to then you can adjust the mix between Osc1 and 2 with the slider on the right hand side. For reference, this is what the patch sounds like on my system:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lzytzaawol6bgi/Arcane%20Organ.wav?dl=0 

2018/07/01 16:33:37
bjornpdx
ZincTrumpet

No aliasing type noise here. This preset seems to use an organ sound on Osc1 mixed with noise on Osc2. 
If it's the noise on Osc2 that you are referring to then you can adjust the mix between Osc1 and 2 with the slider on the right hand side. For reference, this is what the patch sounds like on my system:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lzytzaawol6bgi/Arcane%20Organ.wav?dl=0 

Thanks for uploading the file. I listened to it on two different computers but I'm still hearing a low level rumbling kind of noise which increases when the note is held and gets louder. In Sonar it's especially noticeable when you use the mod wheel. So you're not getting any noticeable artifacts?

2018/07/01 18:27:03
ZincTrumpet
One of the reasons I uploaded the file was in case it was something that you are hearing which I am not. That does seem to be the case. 

It might be my hearing but it's also quite a complex sound anyway starting with an organ which itself is full of overtones and then adding noise on the second oscillator. There's also the LFO which seems to be adding modulation of some kind.

I guess what I am saying is that what I am hearing sounds like it's supposed to be there rather than some kind of artifact but I could be wrong.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account