2018/07/01 18:28:18
abacab
bjornpdx
ZincTrumpet

No aliasing type noise here. This preset seems to use an organ sound on Osc1 mixed with noise on Osc2. 
If it's the noise on Osc2 that you are referring to then you can adjust the mix between Osc1 and 2 with the slider on the right hand side. For reference, this is what the patch sounds like on my system:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lzytzaawol6bgi/Arcane%20Organ.wav?dl=0 

Thanks for uploading the file. I listened to it on two different computers but I'm still hearing a low level rumbling kind of noise which increases when the note is held and gets louder. In Sonar it's especially noticeable when you use the mod wheel. So you're not getting any noticeable artifacts?

Have you tried an alternate method of monitoring, like through headphones, or a different set of monitors, to see if you can still hear it there?

If so, you could also rule out your audio interface by temporarily directing the audio output through your internal on-board sound chip on your motherboard.

Edit: Never mind.  I just noticed that you listened to Zinc's sample through two different computers.  I do hear the noise oscillator, but I think that is an intended part of the patch, not a random aliasing noise.

Is this a case of do you hear 'Yanny', or 'Laurel'?
2018/07/01 20:44:54
bjornpdx
Hmm well maybe it is my perception of the sound. My wife and I did the "Yanny" and "Laurel" thing and it was amazing how we heard different things - makes you question your sense of reality.

Anyway, I have Arturia CS-80 so I was able to tweak the preset there such that the noise (to me) is almost gone.
Thanks again.
Sorry about diverting the topic. Should have posted my own.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account