• SONAR
  • Sonar 8.5 Producer: Best Plugins for Remastering Old Recordings (p.2)
2018/11/12 21:00:24
michael diemer
Magix has audio-cleaning software. I have an old vesion called Audio Cleaning Lab. It has various cleaning filters that remove tape hiss and other noises at various frequencies. Check it out:

https://www.magix.com/us/...o-cleaning-lab/detail/

2018/11/12 22:31:06
mettelus
A program that will allow you to "capture noise print" (a section with no vocals or transients) and then apply that print for noise removal will yield the best results. Adobe Audition and iZotope RX are the best two programs for this (neither are free, but both have fully functional trials if you have not yet used them). IZotope also said their software is tailored for the visually impaired when I asked a while back, and the RX7 trial should be available, since that is new.

As a fallback, if you get hung up with this and are willing to share those files, shoot me a PM. You can upload them as private to sites like Drop Box, One Drive, or Google Drive and share them explicitly to select people. Quite a few folks here have Audition and/or RX as well.
2018/11/13 01:37:31
rabeach
Izotope's RX7 demo policy, for the first 10 days after installation, an unauthorized plug-in can run in Trial mode, which offers full functionality with no restrictions. After 10 days, the plug-in will continue to run in Demo mode. In Demo mode, the plug-in's output will mute briefly every 40 seconds.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account