• SONAR
  • Install/Update question: prevent Unwanted drum maps?
2018/11/13 04:36:13
stickman393
So I carefully curate the Drum Map folder so it only contains the ones I am interested in.
Every time I install an update to Cakewalk, it puts the same metric tonne of drum maps back in there, for every possible drum device that I do not own, polluting my carefully curated list.
Any way to stop this happening?

...at least it doesn't overwrite my custom maps that I've put there. That's something.
/grumpy
2018/11/13 05:05:05
scook
To prevent the installer from messing with drum maps, project templates, etc. use custom locations in Preferences. The installer writes updates into default locations.
2018/11/13 07:44:30
Bassman002
HI:)

You can make a second Directory with your favourite Drum Maps and then run a batch file after installing Cakewalk to delete all Drum Maps and then copy your favourites into the Directory.

=============================
cd "c:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core"
cd Drum Maps
Del *.*
xcopy "c:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\Drum Maps Favourites\*.*" "c:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\Drum Maps"
=============================

I do such delete and copy with genericpluginsparams (ACT) before starting Cakewalk, cause I have my handmade ACT Params File and Cakewalk do delete it from time to time, so at every start I get my own ACT File

Bassman.

2018/11/13 15:47:06
stickman393
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Appreciated! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account