2015/11/25 10:48:32
odyssey70
This is my first post here. I bought Rapture Pro yesterday. There are many nice piano sounds inside Rapture Pro, but there are little problem too. Rapture Pro does not respond my Roland Sustain pedal when i play it with my Roland Keyboard via midi caple. I don't get it. It respond it when i try play Rapture Pro with my Computer Keyboard and push Sustain Pedal down. Very strange. Maybe i should start practicing Computer Keyboard playing or maybe there are somewhere some solution for this problem. Anyone? 

Ps. I didin't have this kind of  problems with other programs. (Z3ta+2, old Rapture, Dimension Pro, Cakewalk Sound Center, Lounge Lizard Session 4, TruePianos etc)
2015/11/26 05:40:13
odyssey70
I forgot to say my specs: PC Windows 8.1, i7-4790, 3,60GHz, x64 processor, 16Gt Ram, Audio: M-Audio M-Track

Is there anyone else who had a similar problem with sustain pedal on Rapture Pro?

2015/11/27 05:37:37
odyssey70
Any idea how to add Rapture Pro some sustain manually because Rapture Pro don't like to respond my physical sustain pedal?
2015/11/27 10:51:44
scook
CC64 can be drawn as either an envelop in the track view or in the controller pane in the PRV.

Recently another user reported their sustain pedal suddenly stopped working in SONAR. It turned out Controller was not selected in the Record section of Preferences > MIDI > Playback and Recording.
2015/11/27 15:53:15
odyssey70
Thanx. Have to try it some day. 

Rapture Pro still need some fixing.
2015/11/29 02:58:09
brundlefly
Which Roland keyboard. Is the pedal on/off only, or continuous? Some synths respond incorrectly to All Notes Off that some old Roland keyboards (like my RD-300s) send on last key up, letting it override sustain. Actually, TruePianos has this issue. I don't usually use Rapture for pianos, but I just tried several in Rapture Pro, and they responded correctly to sustain from the RD-300s, so I'm not sure what the problem might be in your case, but I don't think it's a defect in Rapture Pro. I checked with continuous pedal from my RD-700NX, and that worked fine as well.
2015/11/30 09:46:58
odyssey70
brundlefly
Which Roland keyboard. Is the pedal on/off only, or continuous? Some synths respond incorrectly to All Notes Off that some old Roland keyboards (like my RD-300s) send on last key up, letting it override sustain. Actually, TruePianos has this issue. I don't usually use Rapture for pianos, but I just tried several in Rapture Pro, and they responded correctly to sustain from the RD-300s, so I'm not sure what the problem might be in your case, but I don't think it's a defect in Rapture Pro. I checked with continuous pedal from my RD-700NX, and that worked fine as well.

"Is the pedal on/off only, or continuous?"

Both. There are switch that i can choose witch one.
My sustain pedal is Roland DP-10.

I have tried my Roland BK-5 and M-Audio keyboard with that pedal. In either, Rapture Pro don't responding sustain pedal. I just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

With TruePianos it work's great and with everyone else. Only Rapture Pro, nothing happens.

2015/11/30 10:22:54
gswitz
This is probably not necessary to say, but not all rapture pro patches sustain indefinitely.
2015/11/30 10:47:11
brundlefly
It probably is necessary. The several pianos i tried all worked, but some had such a long release programmed and such a steep decay in the sustain phase that the difference was not as clear as usual. So it would be good to know which patches we're talking about, especially if any are not pianos.
2015/11/30 12:12:58
odyssey70
I just try to play Electric Guitars-Almost together patch from Rapture Pro with my mouse. I click my mouse bottom of Rapture Pro(that keyboard view) and keep my sustain pedal down and Rapture Pro responds and i hear sustain. My sustain pedal works great in Rapture Pro if i play it with my mouse.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account