2016/03/15 13:40:38
maltastudio
I really would like to see an option in Playlist to open projects in Read mode only,so it won`t ask you to save a project on stage.
Peace
2016/03/15 15:58:49
maltastudio
Anyone using Sonar Platinum on stage agree on this?
Peace
2016/03/16 07:17:23
maltastudio
Ok then the post was moved to features and new ideas,but nobody seems to use Sonar for live performance.
Maybe I should not as well.
Peace
2016/03/20 15:48:06
maltastudio
The title says it all just an option to choose it.
Make Playlist play in Read mode only.
Peace
2016/03/20 17:37:05
Sir William
I do occasionally and it's good to have my nanokontrol work the faders and knobs work FX levels, so I understand why a choice is a good thing.
2016/03/21 02:56:45
maltastudio
I`ve been thinking about 3 years to use Sonar in my everyday one man band shows.
Last month i took the plunge and worked the whole project about 70 songs,with a avid duo fast track soundcard.
The main idea was to eliminate as much hardware as possible even for my live inputs ,the Guitar and the Mic.
You know what its awsome,if i new Sonar would be this stable on stage i would `ve done it 3 years ago.
The only problem is that i have to save or cancel everytime Playlist opens a project because TH2 is not reading patch changes as part of the project,its acting as if i changed the patch in real time.
Now this not an issue within Sonar it`s TH2 and alote of other plugins do this as well.
That is why i wish i had an option to open Playlist in Read mode only so I eliminate those 2 extra mouse clicks on stage,after all playlist is made for on stage live performance.
Peace
2016/04/01 21:34:39
Notecrusher
Sonar is SO not setup for live performance and the playlist feature is seriously poor. Sure, this or that little annoyance can be tweaked, but this aspect of the program really needs a fresh look and a reboot.
2016/04/02 04:13:22
tenfoot
The playlist has it's quirks and could certainly use some love - but I still find it very usable (with the possible exception of one version of X2, when it broke), and certainly better than nothing, which many other DAWS have in its place. I guess it depends on your needs and the context of its use.
2016/04/08 01:37:51
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
maltastudio
Ok then the post was moved to features and new ideas,but nobody seems to use Sonar for live performance.
Maybe I should not as well.
Peace

We use the playlist and control the entire live show (including backing tracks, video cues, live cams, ...) with it in what I consider a flexible and easily maintainable manner. Of course, it took us a while to figure out the best setup as Sonar needs to interact with other software on other PCs but really the current playlist is at the heart of the system - and it works fine and has not let us down in more than 2 years of increasingly more complex live setup.

There were numerous discussions on playlist functionality in this forum that showed that there are quite a few people using it (in ways that are more complex than we do) ... so you can't really say nobody uses it just because there is no response to a feature request.

Anyway, read-only would be good, thus I voted. IMHO it could actually be the default for the playlist e.g. when then "playlist enable" button is active
2016/04/08 02:03:33
maltastudio
Hi all, my aim was to eliminate as much hardware as possible, to carry every night.
I have enough compressors ,EQ and all the stuff that comes with Sonar and Pro tools.
So my concern was about the live ,guitar and Mic.
I always new that if i do it ,I`ll just have a mixed wave file as the backing track ,live guitar track, live vocal track,midi lyric track and a midi track to control TH2 guitar effect paches.
With all the small gliches Playlist have I did it anyway and i`m not going back,i`ll just keep fine tuning it.
In 10 min I`m setting up and the sound of the guitar and voc are much more in the mix when playing live now.

To Rehabrob your right , some are using it.
Peace

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account