• Features & Ideas
  • Windows.Devices.Midi Windows 10 UWP API support needed please (MIDI over BluetoothLE)
2016/04/16 20:25:44
pjkemp
I look forward to the integration of the Windows.Devices.Midi Windows 10 UWP API into Cakewalk's products. If what MS are saying, we should see lower latency, lighter weight protocols and new features.

I have a specific interest in the inclusion of MIDI over BluetoothLE to the capabilities that I could take advantage of in windows using at least SONAR and Rapture/Rapture Pro... 

Thanks in advance. I would be interested in the early adopter program to test out new functionality..
Phil Kemp

2016/04/17 08:20:30
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
if I add up all the time wasted in the past 2 years fixing problems with some blue tooth device it exceeds by far time spent on troubleshooting all other device connection options together (USB, LAN, WIFI, ...)

so I hope blue tooth will soon be superseded by something more stable and reliable - in the meantime blue tooth will get nowhere near my studio and live setup.

PS: even fairly recently released devices like superb sounding Eventide's H9 FX processor are much easier, faster and more stable controlled via USB connection than BT.

my 50ct.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account