• SONAR
  • Official channel for bug reporting?
2018/07/04 01:25:51
Euthymia
I've been working with the program long enough now to have spotted some reproducible bugs that I'd like to report.

Right now, one is from the Help menu, I select Documentation and get a web page that says:
Error.An error occurred while processing your request.Which is kinda ooky for new users.

I'm also a veteran of a few beta programs, including one for another DAW, and worked as a pro software QA engineer for many years and am interested in possibly participating in a beta program if there is one.
2018/07/04 01:48:34
scook
I have already reported this.

For future reference, use the support form to report issues. Although, consider posting here first to avoid duplication. Multiple reports can slow help response and do not result in faster resolution.

Fortunately, the help is still accessible just not from inside CbB. It is kind of a pain for some things though such as help for specific screens.
2018/07/04 06:18:00
gmp
I copied the last Splat help file and put it in the CbB folder. So now I have local help
2018/07/04 06:41:45
lapasoa
Be kind and explain how you you copied the Splat help file.
2018/07/04 06:46:09
Euthymia
Thanks. It's such a fat one, I figured that it was in your bugbase already.

I'm not asking for my sake as someone who's frustrated and needs assistance with a workaround so much as I am asking what would be better from a standpoint of helping out and making a contribution.

Just tonight, for instance, I was working on a project and hovered my cursor over button up at the top that was labeled with a capital "M" and a tooltip popped up and said "Enable/Bypass Plug-In Upsampling"

I thought "M" an odd mnemonic for such a function but decided to click it and see if I could hear a difference in my mix. Wow, did I ever!
2018/07/04 06:54:49
scook
Euthymia
I figured that it was in your bugbase already.

To be clear, it is not my "bugbase." I am not a BandLab or former Cakewalk employee.
2018/07/04 17:37:09
bapu
scook

I am not a BandLab or former Cakewalk employee.

Put that in your signature?
2018/07/05 19:03:21
scook
Euthymia
Right now, one is from the Help menu, I select Documentation and get a web page that says:
Error.An error occurred while processing your request.

fixed
2018/08/06 11:40:10
Euthymia
scook
Euthymia
I figured that it was in your bugbase already.

To be clear, it is not my "bugbase." I am not a BandLab or former Cakewalk employee.

Thanks for the clarification, but you do kinda front like you are one. You answered my question about an "official" channel for bug reporting and all. I mean, I got the impression....

By way of further clarification, I can see that your are a "Forum Host," and since you fielded my question, what does that mean? Should I (and anyone else who reads this forum) take what you say as Official Word From BandLab?
2018/08/06 13:10:45
scook
I can avoid your "official" questions if you prefer. I have been very clear about my status on this forum many times including this thread.

A forum host is a user (not a BandLab employee) who has a few extra permissions on this forum. The position was created a few years ago when the old company needed help maintaining the forum.

My informational posts on this forum carry no more weight that any other user. That said, I am pretty familiar with the software and how support/dev work.

I had already encountered the problem mentioned in the OP and reported it. This is why I posted in this thread.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account