• SONAR
  • How to delete "Auto-Tune Pro" from Region FX drop-down list
2018/10/31 22:29:45
user390096
Just tried AT Pro and it didn't work well at all with Sonar so I uninstalled it but it still shows as the first item on my drop-down screen for region FX. Is there an easy way of getting rid of this annoying reminder of its failure to work?

Thanx, Frederick
2018/11/01 00:36:06
stratman70
I would like to know also. I would like to EDIT this menu. Possible?
2018/11/01 03:16:37
Phoen1xPJ
Registry?
2018/11/01 03:55:55
soens
Ccleaner or similar may clear the registry of unused entries. Otherwise look for any Program folders remaining and delete them.
2018/11/01 09:26:44
msmcleod
The thing that indicates whether a vst appears on the RegionFX view or not is it's "isARA" flag in the registry.

All the plugins Cakewalk is aware of are stored here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory

For Sonar Platinum, it's here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory

Since you've uninstalled Autotune, you can probably delete the keys associated with it, but setting it's isARA to 0 rather than 1 will remove it from the RegionFX menu.

Note: there's probably more than one entry for Autotune, and only one of them will have the isARA set to 1.

As a side note, I've also found that Antares plugins don't behave well with Cakewalk. The fix for me was to disable the VST3 version (either by renaming the plugin on the filesystem to .vst3.old and rescanning, or deleting the registry keys for the vst3 version) and just work with the VST2 version.

2018/11/01 15:10:42
scook
There is no need to directly manipulate the VST Inventory. If the VST3 plug-in was deleted by the uninstall process, a VST scan would remove its VST Inventory entries. If set to manual scan, make sure to run the scanner after install and uninstall to keep the VST Inventory current.

2018/11/01 15:16:56
msmcleod
scook
There is no need to directly manipulate the VST Inventory. If the VST3 plug-in was deleted by the uninstall process, a VST scan would remove its VST Inventory entries. If set to manual scan, make sure to run the scanner after install and uninstall to keep the VST Inventory current.

Maybe that's the issue then, @Frederick - have you done a VST scan since uninstalling?
2018/11/01 22:32:33
user390096
Thanx but "AUTO-TUNE PRO" is still listed first in the Region FX list. It's not listed at all in the registry whether, Sonar Platinum or Cakewalk, and I tried the manual scan of the VST's and they still pop-up. I opened/closed Sonar several times hoping the VST scan would take effect but no go.  I guess I'll try rebooting.

FYI I also have Antares Harmony Engine and an Apollo Twin Quad with their version of Auto-tune and they still show up and I think work properly, and I did see them in the registry but no AT Pro.
2018/11/01 22:53:02
user390096
Reboot didn't fix it nor did trying to exclude it. I think I should just try uninstalling/reinstalling Sonar but I'm not sure if I have the official BL version as I just got all the updates and it has worked fairly well, although the new Melodyne is not working correctly. How do I do a clean uninstall and reinstall?
2018/11/01 23:03:26
scook
If the plug-in is shown in the plug-in manager, it means the file is still on the disk. Click on the plug-in name in the Registered Plug-in section of the Plug-in Manager to show the fully qualified file name in the "Filename:" entry at the bottom of dialog.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account