• SONAR
  • Disable audio engine on project startup
2018/11/07 16:13:50
retired_account
Any settings or reg. tweaks available to keep the audio engine in the off state when starting up a project?
2018/11/09 16:21:53
John
Is there a reason for wanting this?
2018/11/09 17:21:35
Cactus Music
YA,, now I've heard everything, " I want to open my DAW but I don't want it to work,,, I just want to admire it" :) 

Well I'm sure you have some solid sane reason but I would think this is something the Bakers would never have wanted to happen.
2018/11/09 17:42:21
scook
I do not know of a config option for this. For projects that must load silently, I mute whatever needs to be silenced then save the project. It could be as simple as muting the master bus.
2018/11/09 23:20:40
retired_account
John

yes, obviously

2018/11/09 23:21:54
retired_account
Cactus Music
YA,, now I've heard everything, " I want to open my DAW but I don't want it to work,,, I just want to admire it" :) 

Well I'm sure you have some solid sane reason but I would think this is something the Bakers would never have wanted to happen.

thanks for nothing
2018/11/09 23:22:59
retired_account
scook
I do not know of a config option for this. For projects that must load silently, I mute whatever needs to be silenced then save the project. It could be as simple as muting the master bus.

Thanks scook, glad you chimed in with an insightful post (as always)
2018/11/10 09:04:34
John
Hidden_Symmetry
John

yes, obviously

I can think of a number ways to prevent sound from Sonar no audio engine is not one of them. 
2018/11/10 15:32:52
retired_account
Let me explain it this way:
When I close projects I archive all midi & audio tracks (& disable synths & certain fx bins on buses) This stops processing, resources, cpu usage & almost guarantees the project will re-open smoothly.

I'd like to try doing this by using an auto option setting or tweak that would prevent any resources or processes from running on startup. (keeping the engine in the off state; stopping all process & resources similar to using the 'Disable Audio Engine' button in the transport.)

Cakewalk runs very smoothly however certain plugins or large projects with lots of automation can trigger a crash. When this happens certain tracks I've been working on aren't archived, when re-opening the projects the running engine processing &  resources can sometimes trigger a crash instantly.
Maybe it wouldn't work the way I'm thinking it would but I'd like to try it to see what the results might be. (if it were possible)
2018/11/10 15:42:34
msmcleod
Maybe you can open another program (like a stand-alone plugin) that would steal the ASIO device?

Cakewalk would then be unable to start the audio engine until you've closed that program.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account