2015/11/26 01:54:18
Midiboy
So, excited about the new Zeta 2 version, I eagerly downloaded it, anticipating some of the new features.  I played with the stand alone and it works wonderfully.  I started a new session and noticed that instead of being a VST2, it's now a VST3.  Not entirely sure what the difference is, but, therein lies the problem.  I loaded an OLD session, and I get several Error: Program Load Data Failed.  

I checked the Cakewalk Content folder (which is NOT on my C drive) and everything was there.  I then looked in my 64bit VST folders, and saw Zeta 2 in there, and it's got the extension of VST3.  I'm thinking my old sessions are looking for the old VST2 file.  

To test, I uninstalled it, struggled in finding the old Cakewalk Store downloads, put my 2.1 back on, and everything worked again.  Can anyone help me figure out why 2.2 won't work with my previous sessions?  

Gregg
2015/11/26 02:24:05
Pan65
Same here, but for me it's even worse since I make all my presets myself and never save them :(. For me a preset is a one time only and I make new ones for every project I start, now all my songs using ZETA+ 2 is corrupt.
2015/11/26 11:20:20
Midiboy
Pan, for you, this shouldn't be too hard.  Uninstall 2.2.  Go back to 2.1.  Go to Plug In Manager, export your patches.  Then install 2.2.  Import them back in.  My friend Bob Bergen told me about this step.  However, my loss is that I used stock presets.  I may have to go through all my tracks save each preset as a custom, and then do this process.  I'm hoping the bakers can fix this on their end so I don't have to do this.  It will literally take me weeks. 
2015/11/26 16:36:37
Adq
Does everybody have this issue, or just some of us?
2015/11/26 17:39:16
millzy
Does everybody have this issue, or just some of us?

From what I'm reading it seems like an issue between the synth updates and Kingston. I didn't update my Z3ta+2 and have not seen this.
2015/11/27 09:04:18
AdamGrossmanLG
I am having this problem too.   Very annoying if you ask me, they should prepare us for things like this.
2015/11/27 13:04:22
klauselix
I have the issue as well. Loading any pre-2.2 song results in "Error: Program data load failed" and Z3ta loading the default program. Reported to Cakewalk. I hesitate to do the work around of uninstalling 2.2 and reinstalling 2.1 hoping there will be a fix sometime soon.
2015/11/27 13:52:37
Doktor Avalanche
I can now confirm...

STEPS to repro:

1) Record a part in Z3TA+2 in Ipswitch Update 1. Save and freeze synth.
2) Update Z3TA+2 to latest.
3) Update to Kingston (may not be necessary)
4) Play part - observe it plays fine (as synth still frozen).
5) Unfreeze synth - get Error: Program data load failed. Patch is now reset.

This is a BAD bug! (Makes this update useless for existing users).
Can Cakewalk at least give us a workaround here?.

Cheers...
2015/11/27 14:05:21
Doktor Avalanche
The other question is how do you roll back from.

Installing old Z3TA+2 manually (not via CCC) and then updating via CCC.

Don't see a rollback option in CCC.
So we have to uninstall and reinstall?
2015/11/27 14:15:16
Doktor Avalanche
Logged: CWBRN-41790
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account