2015/11/27 15:29:12
Midiboy
Yes.  You have to uninstall it via Control Panel and then install from the original purchase you made.  That's where I am at right now.  I'm done beta testing it until they can fix it.  I'm a bit flustered with this.
2015/11/27 16:05:11
Doktor Avalanche
Midiboy I'm done beta testing it until they can fix it.  I'm a bit flustered with this.

Welcome to my world. Expect somebody along shortly to tell us to stop complaining and start making music.
2015/11/27 17:32:15
AT
Stop complaining and make music. '-)

this is the long way around
2015/11/27 20:25:06
Paul P

Someone has to ask ...

Did anyone actually try this update before releasing it ?

(this is unfortunately not the first time this thought has crossed my mind)

2015/11/27 21:10:00
Richard Cranium
Paul P

Someone has to ask ...

Did anyone actually try this update before releasing it ?

(this is unfortunately not the first time this thought has crossed my mind)

I'm pretty sure no one tried Rapture Pro before it was released (The original . . . and the worst), or it's subsequent updates that followed, so . . . 

What's it now about 8 months since release, nearly time for Rapture Pro 2, so maybe that will be it for Rapture Pro, and better luck next time perhaps ?

Z3TA 2 might be out of luck though, not sure it will get a '3'

I like Z3TA 2 (and Dim Pro, and Rapture) but I dare not install this update for Z3TA 2, it is and has been running fine for a long time, and if the past is any indication, and the feedback that has been surrounding this 'update' is anything to go by, that's not going to change.
2015/11/27 21:24:06
Doktor Avalanche
I'm going to be patient on this one.. It's good news Z3TA+2 was at least not abandoned. I was pretty convinced until last week that it was. Yes the fixes took too long to get out (years) and after this patch we are still seeing issues, not surprised esp with the enhancements supplied in this release (was surprised to see this as well) and past history.

I am hoping the development strategy has been changed now to be more inline with Sonar. In Z3TA+2's favour here enhancements aren't really required now (sadly Rap Pro still needs them mainly with sample file management, but at least there is a limited scope). Hopefully there will now be a few iterations of bug fixes to get this product finally finished, hopefully they will be a lot speedier, maybe their next generation of plugins won't get such a bumpy ride.

In the long term cakewalk made a good move here, we just aren't going to see instant results. Further patience (once again) is required. At least communication from cakewalk has been good since this patch, we have to let them have a holiday now. I do question why they didn't do it next week but whatever.
2015/11/28 03:05:10
The Ancient
  Oh dear, we heard about an update to z3ta+2, wow after all this time, so i came to check it out. It seems to be rather uninviting from what I have read here so far in the various threads, and might I say a little confusing. Now it seems Cakewalk Command Center is involved, and I'm not touching that with a 40ft pole, it has quite the reputation on other forums I frequent, and it isn't a good one.

I think we will pass on this update, z3ta+2 works good enough for our purposes as it is, and I really don't want things to get messed up as it seems will likely be the result from what I have read. Oh well.
2015/11/28 09:50:48
SquareSpiral
I too am having this issue - I'm another one who doesn't save the patches I make as they are usually all store in the project. I just tweak the presets until they work for my tracks for each song and very rarely reuse patches which I create.

I use Z3ta+2 in nearly every track so this is a BIG issues for me right now as none of them will load properly.

Please Bakers - Help us out here!

Chris - SquareSpiral
2015/11/28 11:21:05
Paul P
Doktor Avalanche
Yes the fixes took too long to get out (years) and after this patch we are still seeing issues, ...

Issues ?  It doesn't even work

Your patience is remarkable, out of character even.

2015/11/28 11:49:53
SquareSpiral
Just uninstalled 2.2 and reinstalled 2.1 - Working again so will avoid the update until I hear of a fix.

Good luck guys!

Chris  - SquareSpiral
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account