• Software
  • Price conscious way of obtaining the full version of Kontakt 5.
2018/06/08 18:00:43
bwbalint
I have found myself drawn to some of the instruments/libraries that are only played through the full version of Kontakt 5. Not sure if I would ever get them as the price seems to be higher than I can handle at this time. Any suggestions as to the kindest to the wallet way of getting the full version of Kontakt 5? Any thoughts including warnings to stay away are appreciated!
2018/06/08 18:37:25
dubdisciple
Not sure if komplete select is still on sale for 99, but if so, that should lower cross grade price to a point where upgrading to full komplete would be cheaper than kontakt alone would be.
2018/06/08 18:59:49
Grem
I would think that getting the free Kontakt player, and buying and registering an instrument from one of the third parties would get you qualified for a crossgrade to the full Kontakt for $125.

So if you could find a third party library on sale, that would be even better. Right now there is the sale still going on. 50% off stuff over there.
2018/06/08 21:01:13
bwbalint
Thanks. I will look at both of those options.
2018/06/08 23:25:32
Fleer
AFAIK there’s still the free Sennheiser DrumMic’a that’ll allow you to crossgrade.
2018/06/09 00:05:13
abacab
Fleer
AFAIK there’s still the free Sennheiser DrumMic’a that’ll allow you to crossgrade.

It would be great for some if there was a translation from that Sennheiser site to English. I have never been able to decipher that one enough to register it.  But thankfully I grabbed the Soniccouture Estey Reed Organ when it was offered for free a while back, and obtained the same Kontakt crossgrade privileges.
2018/06/09 01:30:46
bwbalint
Thanks for these next two options as well. I was able to make it through the German on the Sennheiser site. Right now waiting for the confirmatory email. Then I will see if I can work my way through the download page. So there are definite options to get to the cross grade price! Thanks!
2018/06/09 01:49:08
bwbalint
‘Hallo Bart,

vielen Dank für deine Anmeldung auf www.DrumMica.de. Um die Registrierung in diesem Sennheiser-Portal abzuschließen, aktiviere bitte deinen Account durch einen Klick auf den folgenden Link:’!!

So the registration worked, but I will need to wait a couple of days to download the program. On the download page there is a toggle for dvd delivery, which would have been great. But a big ‘we can’t do this’ ( of course in German) came up. Worth the try!
2018/06/09 02:51:10
Kamikaze
abacab
It would be great for some if there was a translation from that Sennheiser site to English. I have never been able to decipher that one enough to register it.  But thankfully I grabbed the Soniccouture Estey Reed Organ when it was offered for free a while back, and obtained the same Kontakt crossgrade privileges.

I had no idea a cross grade would work for sample packs. I also picked up the Reed Organ for free. Registering with Soniccuture also give you further free packs, but I never bothered because they don't work on Player.

I just went to check with NI and logged in to check if I was viable. It confirms I am, because I have SampeMdelling's Trumpet 3. It doesn't mention I am because I have the Reed Organ, but it as doesn't mention that I am beacuase I also have SampleMdelling's Trombone or their Tuba and French Horn. Seems it just list one of your purchases, instead of all.

Picking up a Kontakt Player sample pack on special could work out well as means to get a foot in the door. SonicCouture had some great deals in January, I think half price. This will probably come around again. They seem t have the best Vibraphone out there

2018/06/09 12:02:59
bwbalint
Thanks. More possibilities all the way around.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account