• Software
  • Price conscious way of obtaining the full version of Kontakt 5. (p.3)
2018/06/21 03:20:03
Kamikaze
Sample Modelling stuff is excellent, but you really need a breath/wind controller.

If I was to but a Vibraphone, it would be SonicCouture, it seems by far the best, and they lots of other cool things too. It's worth ding an upgrade with them as you get a free non-Player pack with each purchase. I fancy those 10cc Vocal pads. (I think they had a 50% off in the winter). I als have an interest in their Hang Drum. but it's also quite novelty (Early Portico Quartet sound demonstrates it's more than Hippie potential). There Suitcase Rhodes wuld be high n my ist if I didn't have AAS and XLN's option. Zo did a great review of there electronic kits, but I waiting for a deal n Tremor now I know abut that.

That NI site is a mess though. I had to stumble my way through the to find the crossgrade price of 125 Dollars. There seems no direct way to the Kontakt 5 Page from the front page, but there is one to Kontakt 5 Player.

Because you have to login to see the cross grade list, which as I am eligible for, when I log in I can't see the cross grade list.

2018/06/21 13:01:30
JohanSebatianGremlin
bwbalint
I have found myself drawn to some of the instruments/libraries that are only played through the full version of Kontakt 5. 
I wasn't aware there are certain instruments/libraries that will only work on full version????

2018/06/21 18:31:15
bwbalint
Seems that a lot of libraries only work on the full Kontakt5, which really was my starting point for this whole discussion. I had Kontakt player, but found quickly that it was limited! That is my typical process. Get the ‘essential’ version, then make up some reason as to why the limited version is holding back my creativity!
2018/06/21 19:20:32
abacab
JohanSebatianGremlin
bwbalint
I have found myself drawn to some of the instruments/libraries that are only played through the full version of Kontakt 5. 
I wasn't aware there are certain instruments/libraries that will only work on full version????

NI sells many instrument libraries for Kontakt Player themselves.

But I think that the reason most 3rd party instruments are not Player compatible is that the developers have to pay NI a license fee to use the Player.  So these instruments can get a bit expensive due to the extra licensing.

Most of the free or cheap 3rd party Kontakt instruments are offered for the full Kontakt only.  You pay the license for the full Kontakt application, and then anybody can create a library for it.
2018/06/21 20:57:52
Grem
bwbalint

... then make up some reason as to why the limited version is holding back my creativity!

LO!! Yep! That's me too!

Except year after year I have managed to stay out of the Kontakt/Komplete money pit! I do not own even the free Kontakt Player!!

I have other stuff I use when I need.

But every year I follow this thread!! Don't know why.
2018/06/21 23:40:50
abacab
Grem

Except year after year I have managed to stay out of the Kontakt/Komplete money pit! I do not own even the free Kontakt Player!!

I have other stuff I use when I need.

But every year I follow this thread!! Don't know why.

I don't know why either.  I have avoided this money pit for years.  But I am probably the closest I have ever been to pulling the $124.50USD trigger for the crossgrade before the end of the month.  I avoided it during the sale last year, but I am trying to work it into the budget this year.  Mainly by postponing the upgrade to Studio One 4. 
2018/06/22 08:52:58
Grem
abacab

But I am probably the closest I have ever been to pulling the $124.50USD trigger for the crossgrade before the end of the month.

Me too!!

But I upgraded some Waves and ASS stuff, so I am tapped out right now. Good thing!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account