2016/03/03 17:25:54
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk is introducing Analytics to SONAR this spring. We want to know how you use SONAR so that we can continue to deliver the best features, fixes, and new content based, more than ever, on user feedback. Participation is 100% optional. Here’s how analytics can help improve your SONAR experience. 

Why Do Companies Use Analytics?

Feedback has always been important to us. We already use information from forums, surveys, press, dealers, and social media to gain perspectives on how new updates to SONAR are doing, and what needs more work. Unfortunately this doesn’t always tell us how the experience is for the larger population of customers outside of these channels. Analytics are the best way to gauge the in-app customer experience. Your feedback in all these places is very important to us, and we’d like to continue to expand our understanding of how you use our software. 

How Specifically Does this Help Users?

We’ll be able to find out what features are popular, ways to improve features, roadblocks that users encounter, and how well new features integrate with your workflow. However, this doesn’t mean that we won’t pay attention to features that are less used. We see this as an opportunity to look at less used features and improve them. 

Can I Opt Out?

Of course! You can disable analytics in SONAR’s preferences at any time. You also have two participation choices: Anonymous, or Cakewalk Account Connected. Connecting your Cakewalk Account makes you eligible for community activities, such as earning rewards. 

Is the Data Sent to Cakewalk Secure?

Yes, the analytics data goes straight to our server in an encrypted format. 

Will Cakewalk Monitor Other Apps?

Absolutely not. We are not interested in other apps you’ve installed. Our analytics apply only to SONAR and how you use our software. We can’t, and will never, monitor your activity outside our app. 

Do Analytics Affect Performance?

No, gathering analytics data places no strain on the CPU. Whether you choose to participate or not doesn’t change SONAR’s performance at all. 

Sounds Good, How Do I Participate?

We’ll announce when analytics are included; just make sure you leave the option checked in Preferences. And, we’d like to thank those who participate in advance for your assistance in helping us continue to refine and improve SONAR.    
2016/03/03 18:00:11
Beepster
I don't even know where to begin.

Thanks for letting us know sooner rather than later though.
2016/03/03 18:05:43
John T
I can't see any problem with this. Sounds like a good idea.

Just wanted to get that in before the thread where someone angrily proves on the internet that "opt out" means "chop up your children and feed them to LANDR".
2016/03/03 18:17:19
backwoods
is this like a method for collecting efficiency metrics or something? i thought it might be a metering suite before i started reading. what will it be sending? where the mouse cursor is at, at all times? keystrokes per hour? 

2016/03/03 18:18:34
Andrew Rossa
Beepster

It's pretty simple actually. Nothing in your world has to change, turn it off. Meanwhile, we want a way to improve the program that includes ALL users. 
2016/03/03 18:23:05
John T
It's ok, everyone. You can wrap your DAW in tinfoil if you don't want Skynet to steal your beatz and use them against you in apocalyptic warfare.

And you should. Given Cakewalk's decades-long track record of sinister mind control, and their clear ambition to bring about the end of democracy, well, better safe than sorry.
2016/03/03 18:25:17
John T
More seriously, something that often crosses my mind when working is that I simply don't have the time to write out useful bug reports and feature suggestions. It's not that I don't think of them; I do, multiple times a day. But typically, I'm right in the middle of something I have to get on with, and a good moment to get this stuff down never arrives. So I'm all for this.
2016/03/03 18:28:27
Beepster
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]
Beepster

It's pretty simple actually. Nothing in your world has to change, turn it off. Meanwhile, we want a way to improve the program that includes ALL users. 

Hi, Andrew. I understand exactly what it means and what you guys are attempting to do. I just don't think it's going to help the program (and IMO will likely have the opposite effect). I also don't like what it represents for the forward progression of the company.

I seriously don't have time to go into it right now and don't want to again be the fly in the ointment so soon after the last time so whatever.

Really... I've got early doctor crap so I'll leave it at for now.

Sorry.
2016/03/03 18:29:24
bitman
Good that it's optional.
2016/03/03 18:31:19
Beepster
John T
It's ok, everyone. You can wrap your DAW in tinfoil if you don't want Skynet to steal your beatz and use them against you in apocalyptic warfare.

And you should. Given Cakewalk's decades-long track record of sinister mind control, and their clear ambition to bring about the end of democracy, well, better safe than sorry.

Hey, John. Enough with the insults. That is not helping anything.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account