2016/03/06 11:11:45
irvin
stevec
irvin
John T
It's just like Orwell predicted. One day, UI enhancements, the next, fascism. Follows like night follows day.

True, for as long as there are loyal soldiers like you, willing to kill and be killed for a cause they trust, but can never understand.

And you do?

I don't have to worry about those things. I'm a born general and fight my own causes. Soldiers are more like attack dogs, ready to defend their masters even at the cost of their own lives. It's a different mentality - soldiers enjoy beta testing and feel the need to show their loyalty, generals map strategy; soldiers die alone in a distant desert, generals plan astute attacks in air-conditioned rooms and usually die of old age, surrounded by their medals. Soldiers trust their generals, generals sell their vision to their soldiers. Nothing evil about it. Just different roles for different people.
2016/03/06 11:29:21
sharke
irvin
stevec
irvin
John T
It's just like Orwell predicted. One day, UI enhancements, the next, fascism. Follows like night follows day.

True, for as long as there are loyal soldiers like you, willing to kill and be killed for a cause they trust, but can never understand.

And you do?

I don't have to worry about those things. I'm a born general and fight my own causes. Soldiers are more like attack dogs, ready to defend their masters even at the cost of their own lives. It's a different mentality - soldiers enjoy beta testing and feel the need to show their loyalty, generals map strategy; soldiers die alone in a distant desert, generals plan astute attacks in air-conditioned rooms and usually die of old age, surrounded by their medals. Soldiers trust their generals, generals sell their vision to their soldiers. Nothing evil about it. Just different roles for different people.

Are you sure about that imagery? I was thinking more along the lines of Richard Simmons being chased by a Yorkshire Terrier through a field of candy floss 
2016/03/06 12:14:15
Paul P
John T
I think the forum should start having an annual Overstated Case Award. And I know it's only March, but I'm saying this is 2016's winner right now.

Just following thoughts to their logical conclusion.

2016/03/06 12:14:35
bapu
The only thing about analytics I'm paranoid about is that Cakewalk discovers I work in the nude.
2016/03/06 14:54:37
sharke
Paul P
John T
I think the forum should start having an annual Overstated Case Award. And I know it's only March, but I'm saying this is 2016's winner right now.

Just following thoughts to their logical conclusion.

There's a fine line between following thoughts to their logical conclusion and extrapolating them to heights of ridiculousness. 
2016/03/06 15:38:02
stevec
irvin
stevec
irvin
John T

And you do?

Wow, we do think fairly highly of ourselves...

I'm trying to image what type of "strategy" one could possibly believe they're mapping, right here and now.   Or what type of "role" one has other than a simple participant.  There are no distant deserts, medals or the like.  This is a thread about an upcoming feature in a DAW.   One that can be disabled.

I wonder what will this discussion will mean six months from now, after a hundred other topics, discussions, opinions and speculations have been made.   Hey, anyone remember the doom and gloom when Cakewalk first moved from Roland to Gibson?  Yeah, the last two years have apparently been terrible for Cakewalk.   And the membership program?   Bad...   Abysmal even.   

PS...  in case it was unclear, this is more glass half full than it is soldier, just based on the way things have actually turned out so far. 

2016/03/06 17:09:50
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
BTW to clarify Cakewalk analytics in itself is NOT a feature. Rather its an internal tool that is intended to help us with other features. Its not unlike the older "usage logger" that I mentioned in this thread earlier.
The sole purpose of posting it in this forum was to notify people of how it works and not to advertise it as a feature.
2016/03/06 19:31:52
John T
This really is too good. To have suggested people here frequently overstate their case, and have the counter-argument be that I'm like a soldier under the control of powerful and incomprehensible dark forces. I'll grant I was taking the mickey; don't really need to when some people are practically giving it away.
2016/03/06 23:01:01
FanCake
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
BTW to clarify Cakewalk analytics in itself is NOT a feature. Rather its an internal tool that is intended to help us with other features. Its not unlike the older "usage logger" that I mentioned in this thread earlier.
The sole purpose of posting it in this forum was to notify people of how it works and not to advertise it as a feature.

At risk of sounding like a smug knowitall, you do realize this is in the features and ideas forum?
*** Not to be taken seriously ***
2016/03/06 23:11:04
FanCake
FanCake
So I turn this feature on, let's face it all cakewalk are probably interested in is what underwear I am wearing and whether I am into bovine sexual activities.

bapu
The only thing about analytics I'm paranoid about is that Cakewalk discovers I work in the nude.

It's a data match already.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account