2016/03/08 02:01:42
markyzno

"Is the Data Sent to Cakewalk Secure?

Yes, the analytics data goes straight to our server in an encrypted format."

May I ask what level of encryption is being used to secure the data?

Cheers.
2016/03/08 07:00:13
irvin
Secure and encrypted enough that no third parties will ever know how Cakewalk found out you were using all those cracked plugins and disabled them...just kidding...but a very real possibility that should only worry the less kosher among us....
2016/03/08 08:40:10
pwalpwal
sorry if i missed the disclosure, but what's in the data being sent? can the user view it in some readable format?
2016/03/08 11:06:23
sharke
Really, the only "privacy" concern I can see is that Cakewalk potentially knows what dates and times you were using the software (and were therefore at your DAW). That doesn't bother me particularly, but it might worry others. Personally I think it would make a great alibi....lol!
2016/03/08 11:56:42
brconflict
sharke
Really, the only "privacy" concern I can see is that Cakewalk potentially knows what dates and times you were using the software (and were therefore at your DAW). That doesn't bother me particularly, but it might worry others. Personally I think it would make a great alibi....lol!

Maybe that will help tailor their Support staffing. For example, if they find more users working after-hours than estimated before, that might be convincing to extend Support hours--all due respect to the CW Support team.
2016/03/08 12:01:23
...wicked
"decades-long track record of sinister mind control,"

This phrase is so hilarious I'm doubled over in my seat. I hope Cake prints it out and hangs a banner of it in their HQ. There's way, WAY worse tracking of our activities going on in the world than Cakewalk knowing if I use the synth rack or the browser to add instruments to my projects.
2016/03/08 12:39:41
pwalpwal
brconflict
sharke

Maybe that will help tailor their Support staffing. For example, if they find more users working after-hours than estimated before, that might be convincing to extend Support hours--all due respect to the CW Support team.

yes, and if you "run as admin" it can further tell if you work in the nude or not
2016/03/08 12:40:50
brconflict
pwalpwal
brconflict
sharke

yes, and if you "run as admin" it can further tell if you work in the nude or not

No, that's just Windows 10.

2016/03/08 17:33:04
paradoxx@optonline.net
As long as it does nothing during the recording and playback, you can count me in.
2016/03/09 04:38:57
orhanproject
Ryan or Noel, will sonar always cache the data when Im offline even if i turn this off? I dont want it to fill up my c drive thank you
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account