2016/03/19 13:57:58
FanCake
jimfogle
At nine pages and growing much discussion but I have not seen the information I want to see.

Has Cakewalk posted what analytic points will be tracked?

Nothing if you turn it off.
2016/03/19 14:09:02
FanCake
Appears this may be the last post I will ever make here as Cakewalk are now asking for me for my serial number to prove who I am - sorry Cake please let me politely refuse, I will 100% state however that I am fully licensed - don't worry about that, for I am far too worried about viruses and Trojans with hacks and unofficial patches, buying software is 100% the right thing to do anyway.

So I guess that's me done and banned, being anonymous is not allowed, and that's fine, no harm done it's all OK there are other things to do in my life. Have a good week all and bye.
2016/03/19 14:15:47
John T
I don't understand. If you're posting here, clearly, you aren't banned.
2016/03/19 14:22:56
FanCake
They did mention that multiple user accounts are against policy here and my time here is limited. So I suspect they still think I'm a troll. The only defense I have is please have a look at my posts.

Regardless I'm not going out fighting/complaining and moaning about it because that will obviously validate their suspicions. It's their forums after all, they made a polite request, I have politely refused, and all is well whatever happens.
2016/03/19 21:27:26
jb101
Bye, Shirley.

You will be missed again.
2016/03/19 22:57:59
FanCake
?
Bye.
2016/03/19 23:38:49
Paul P
FanCake
?
Bye.

I don't think you owe anyone your identity.
Your presence and opinion are appreciated.  Stick around.
2016/03/21 12:02:46
brconflict
Supplying a serial number is a great way for us to rule out one being a troll or "supposed user" when they have no investment into the community. You have to supply that if you want the free Support that comes with your investment into the software. Not sure I understand the problem. It's quite painless, I assure you. Stick around!
2016/03/21 12:16:01
Sir Les
hmmm...Although it is optional...most probably best to set the default to off...on the installation...because, it could cause issues with some people who have gear that is sensitive to internet connections/cpu spikes and such caused by background apps running...while in DAW mode, and internet nix on, but not in use...or turned off because of audio device driver issues.

MS win 10 also collecting info...turn it off...and upon updating..the update turns it back on...and adds more spy ware to the mix...also turned on!

Now about band width and low or regular internet service providers...They charge the consumer for...if one exceeds the limit established on the package or signed in on deal...it helps add to, if pushing the bandwidth or steaming content above the limit..which incurs more charge for over stepping the limitations set in the ISP agreement..of low , or medium or such limitation on content streaming /up or down the pipe.

As the OS is doing it also...now the apps do it to?...more money...for some.

Yah, make the program have no bugs at all first...then this sort of thing becomes redundant...

eh wasn't that my moto uttered... once upon a time...?

So what happens when, we turn it all off...and still underhanded MS continues to stream info to and from the system?..and apps are adding in to the mayhem?...unplug the cables, for the tinhat people to feel safe, once the system is working well enough.

As for the background hidden spy ware that does not turn off...well let it write errors into the event viewer, when it cannot do the dirty deeds!
again when this happens...it causes glitches in cpu performance, which could make noises on recording or playback of audio....and system performance hits.

Just saying!

2016/03/21 14:40:06
brconflict
My prefs was to allow it to Default to Off. However, after longer consideration, for what CW has in mind, that fails inherently. What's the point of developing something everybody has to turn on, many of whom probably won't prioritize it? It fails to do anything useful.

There's a better way of thinking about this:
1 Most companies who develop software are beginning to use Analytics to refine their processes and knowledge of their own customer base. It's the times, get with them. I hate saying that, because I don't like it any more than anyone else. But it's true. If you want low-cost, but POWERFUL software, it's what has to follow. You can't compete blindly in this business any longer.

2 Some companies prefer to be secretive about it. Eh, Microsoft? CW has let us know up front and why. That's honorable. It's ok to ask questions and ask for CW to keep your Privacy in diligent, secured, and careful hands. They have a responsibility.

3 The idea is in the numbers, more than what you're doing. CW has limited resources to spend every waking moment in DEVelopment (baking) and QC, which means, some things must be assumed working, since those areas of the software weren't touched in the last x-number of revisions. Beta testers are needed, and so are users who report issues. Believe me, they don't have the staff to pick apart what an individual is doing 24/7 on his DAW. I would hope/ask CW doesn't sell the numbers to outside 3rd-party vendors.

4 If you're a company who sells a product that does remotely what Sonar does at the same price, you're general-speaking a bunch of geniuses, or very savvy at illegal money-management (cooking the books). No company lasts very long cooking books, so the former MUST be the case. But at what cost? All the forum users who post issues, and lose faith in Sonar, meanwhile CW spends time wasted on some feature that needed updating for only 6 users. It would be wiser with knowledge of where people spend the bulk of their time and, as a result, where to put more efforts into fixing, refining, and improving for the masses, lessening time wasted on a troublesome feature to appease those 6 users. Sure, they are important 6 users, but their needs can wait ~ another truth in reality.

Sidenote: It's been stated many times by CW that issues reported without due-diligence in testing, recreating, or detail explanation are routinely (READ: routinely) disregarded because those issues simply can't be recreated or the scenario wasn't duly provided. This is a known problem with people in general. Including....me.

5 You can STILL disable it. If you're seriously paranoid and afraid to give up a tiny shard on bandwidth, of which is getting MUCH faster all the time, turn it off. Granted, Social sites probably transmit/receive more information on you.

6 What if you owned CW and wanted to become better and better by better knowing your better customers? Would that be a better way of doing this, or would you prefer just working with a select few on improvements? Mass or few? Mass or few? What's more valuable knowledge for wisdom?

Keep this in mind: If you are a user who refuses enable-ment the Sonar analytics, but jump on the forum to complain harshly about {insert feature} that is not working properly, other users may ask if you did and [politely] pick on you for not enabling it.

BUT YOU CAN STILL DISABLE IT!  ...if you just aren't sold on it.

It's a way of life. Fighting against it is fighting against our own culture. Want cheap? You have to give something back. Deal's a deal. But this deal is still working for you!

Trust Facebook? It's free...or is it? They collect so much about what you do, it isn't even remotely funny! Do you still use Facebook? CNN? Google? Twitter? Windows? Can you turn off all that reporting? Why aren't more companies up front about it?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account