2016/03/04 05:55:56
Freakwave
Hi all you music lovers!

Just started to make my own first Z3ta sound.
I got a saw wave, set up an Amp EG and got a sound. Then i noticed that that if i pressed the keys hard or soft the volume of the sound stayed the same. So Z3ta didn't respond to the velocity of my keyboard. What i did is this:

In the modulation section under source i set "keyboard->velocity", under range i opened it all up, under destination i entered " Envelopes -> Amplitude EG -> EG Amplitude amount" 

This seems to work!
Problem solved? Did i do it right?

For if i go thru the presets i dont see any of the set up ive mentioned above. Velocity might trigger a filter but not the amp EG.
Strange i think. for how can you have like a piano soundprogram if there is no response to velocity.

and if velocity triggers anything it is set up like this:
Source:on, range: full, controll: velocity, Desination: what ever you want ( in my case eg amplitude amount)

I'm very curious to see if i get an response, for i did a Z3ta search on this forum, and i only found people with install problems and other related issues. NOT ONE question was about programming this soft synth.....

I realy hope to get my head around this synth and to be able to create sounds that are in my head. I found some very usefull youtube vids and im reading "power tools for synthesizer programming" by Jim aikin, but i still have a loooooong way to go. 

Even though the user interface on the screen looks prity small, there is a world of possibilities hidden behind it.

Thanks for all your help.

F. 

2016/03/04 13:24:12
jchop
It's sort of two ways of doing the same thing.

The way you see it implement in programs is that the modulator is always on and setting the amp eg to a full amount--velocity is just controlling the intensity of that modulation.

Your implementation is just more straightforward for that purpose ("harder = louder").

There can be interplay between EG amount, modulation range, and modulation control amount, but in your case I don't think your approach is "wrong" for your desired goal.

My two pennies.
-John
2016/03/06 13:18:39
Freakwave
Thanks John.
Your two pennies are appreciated :)

I was wondering; is there a club/forum/website destinated to synthesizer programming/sound design or to the Z3ta in specific?

F.
2016/03/11 05:47:50
Freakwave
Update:

Now i think one can better control volume by modulating Oscelator Level with velocity

F. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account