• Software
  • Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question (p.2)
2018/06/11 12:21:46
dcumpian
TheSteven
dcumpian
I got the HDD when NI had their big sale last year. Native Access installed almost everything directly from the HDD except for a handful of plugins where the version on the HDD was older than what was available. I think less than 20GB was downloaded.

Regards,
Dan

I got the HD today. Plugged it in. Fired up N.A. and it came up asking for my serial #.
On the installation page each product to be installed had an icon indicating whether the software would
a) be installed from the hard drive
b) installed from the hard drive and be updated from the web
   If you put your mouse over the icon it would give you detail eg 'there is a new version available. product will be installed from hard drive and a 148MB update will be downloaded' (wording as recalled)
c) downloaded and installed

Clicked Install All and came back later and it was done.
I found the whole process very intuitive and painless.

That was my experience as well.

Dan
2018/06/17 21:39:58
robert_e_bone
For whatever the worth, I found out the hard way, that the Previews component has a NASTY habit of running into path length issues, if you have any kind of character length to the folder where you have it installing stuff, as specified in the options within Native Access.  Windows has an internal limit for how long a file/folder path can be, and it seems Previews has some paths it attempts to write during install, that are already pretty close to that max, and if your content path name is anything beyond a pretty small number of characters, then the Previews install will fail.

SO - I ended up renaming that content folder, from Native Instruments, to NI, and then the Previews component was able to successfully install, HOWEVER I then had to do the Relocate process for all of the already installed components, to get each installed component to be able to find its library again.  I have and now Komplete 11 Ultimate, so there are quite a few components to work through, but it doesn't take too long to do the Relocate process, to fix connection between each component and its library.

Bob Bone

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account