• Software
  • XLN online installer and cloud sync have updates (p.2)
2018/06/19 11:23:24
Kamikaze
TheSteven
Sorry I was editing my previous reply and you had already answered.
In thinking it over I doubt if the problem is the location of the VSTs.
Yes they should fix the problem..

Thta's a shame, you had me considering changing it once and get a chuck of time for a tidy up/SSD
2018/06/19 12:58:14
KingsMix
Thanks gmon72!
2018/06/19 14:02:31
TerraSin
Now if only they would put out libraries quicker. I'm really interested to know if they have been working on AD4 or not. This whole 1 ADPak a year can't be good for business and it's frustrating for users.
2018/06/19 16:21:26
Kamikaze
Kit Pieces too, there hasn't been anything new for about 3 years.
2018/06/19 18:40:13
RSMCGUITAR
It's weird... People really seem to like addictive but they are SOOOOO slow to add anything. I have adpaks I've had for over a year.
2018/06/20 05:28:07
TheSteven
Kamikaze
TheSteven
Sorry I was editing my previous reply and you had already answered.
In thinking it over I doubt if the problem is the location of the VSTs.
Yes they should fix the problem..

Thta's a shame, you had me considering changing it once and get a chuck of time for a tidy up/SSD

Below is my current approach in setting up my VST2 plugins and it's been working really well for me.
It optimizes scanning, eliminates most dupes and it works across multiple DAWS.
All my VST2s are easy to locate and backup.
Plus I never have to run Sonar/Cakewalk** in Admin mode - except for when registering a new Sonar installation.
**or any of my DAWs

C:.
├───Audio
│   ├───VST32
│   │   ├───32Main
│   │   └───Has 64 bit version
│   └───VST64
│       ├───64Main
│       └───Has VST3 version

For Cakewalk my scan path is:
C:\Audio\VST32\32Main
C:\Audio\VST64\64Main
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

For other DAWS just select the appropriate paths.

Whenever I get a new plugin I always run it first in SaviHost or ImageLine's MiniHost before I run a VST scan.
That way I can handle any registration or activation issues upfront and don't risk the plugin getting marked as bad or get corrupted info in the VST scan.

Hope you find the info useful.

...Steven

2018/06/20 06:19:23
Kamikaze
Yes I do, thank you.

Am I right in general, that I can just move the DLL. As lng as Sonar can see it, the DLL will work?
2018/06/20 07:03:54
TheSteven
>Am I right in general, that I can just move the DLL.
That's true for most but with some you'll have to change settings.

With XLN you'll need to run the installer, go into your settings/profile info and under Advanced change your plugin paths.  It then had to 'move' my data & plugins but since i didn't change the data paths and the plugins were already in the new location that took like 2 seconds.
With Native instruments - in the Native access under Preferences you'll need to update your paths - for the VSTs i still had to individually Repair and then use Relocate to show NA where they now lived. Not hard just a minor PITA - I had my paths in NotePad so i could repeatedly copy & paste the 32/64 info for each.
ith Slates SSD4 I had to license file in the DLL folder so when I changed the path I had to load the license again.
When you run the VST Scanner pay attention to error messages. I had a couple of old VSTs complain that complained they couldn't find their directories and I found their data in the registry and corrected the paths.
I reorganized my folders to the current setup a couple of weeks ago and I think it took me about 2 hours to make all the changes and tweaks. YMMV.

2018/06/20 07:05:43
TheSteven
Sorry for the block of text but when I added formatting the forum nuked my post.
There's a couple of typos but I'm not touching things for fear the post will evaporate.

2018/06/20 10:06:22
Kamikaze
Thank again for the info

So if it has an installer, use the installer to set the paths, but if it desn't, just move them.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account