• SONAR
  • Automation goes awry when exporting ??
2018/11/02 13:57:16
dmaurischat
Has anybody experienced this?  In Sonar X2, my mixes sound great. Then when I export the file to either .wav or mp3, some portions of the automation go out of whack, rendering my masters unusable.  Any thoughts?
2018/11/02 15:03:19
Kalle Rantaaho
Are you talking about Sonars "own" automation (volume, panning etc.) or automated third party VSTs?  If the latter, it might be worthwhile to try unchecking "fast bounce" in the export settings. Some VSTs don't like it.
2018/11/02 15:24:09
brundlefly
If you're on 64-bit Windows, you should start by upgrading to Cakewalk by Bandlab:

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

No point troubleshooting issues in a 7-year-old version when the current version is so much more capable and stable, and is free.
2018/11/03 16:45:50
bitflipper
First, try to identify which specific parameters are not being automated during export, and whether they are on tracks or busses. As KR notes above, it may be significant whether it's volume or pan automation versus plugin automation versus MIDI automation.

2018/11/07 22:14:07
dmaurischat
YES!.  That did it.  Unchecked 'fast bounce'.  It was a reverb output that i was automating.  Awesome.  Thanks a ton.

Kalle Rantaaho
Are you talking about Sonars "own" automation (volume, panning etc.) or automated third party VSTs?  If the latter, it might be worthwhile to try unchecking "fast bounce" in the export settings. Some VSTs don't like it.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account