• SONAR
  • I know he knows (p.2)
2018/11/07 14:12:24
pwalpwal
rebel007
I think it's like putting your car in reverse. After you've finished going backwards, you automatically put the car back into first gear, or drive if you're in an automatic. You don't need an audible reminder that you've been in reverse, you just remember that you've been going backwards, 'cause it's such an awesome feature that your car can actually now go backwards, after only having forward gears for so long.

it takes longer to notice ripple edit status than it does to being still in reverse - the car analogy still doesn't work
2018/11/07 14:55:48
lapasoa

"it takes longer to notice ripple edit status than it does to being still in reverse - the car analogy still doesn't work.)
I agree that the car analogy is out of tune.
2018/11/07 16:00:50
chuckebaby
pwalpwal
rebel007
I think it's like putting your car in reverse. After you've finished going backwards, you automatically put the car back into first gear, or drive if you're in an automatic. You don't need an audible reminder that you've been in reverse, you just remember that you've been going backwards, 'cause it's such an awesome feature that your car can actually now go backwards, after only having forward gears for so long.

it takes longer to notice ripple edit status than it does to being still in reverse - the car analogy still doesn't work

It all depends on how your using it. that's why I can totally respect your opinion (and others) that are in need of an indicator.

I typically make an edit (or sometimes 2) then turn it off, but I realize that other people may use it for extended periods of time and in my opinion, this is where it can be forgotten about.

I'll try not to be that guy who adds negative views to the argument. just a subjective one.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account