2015/07/12 14:04:53
dappa1
If you switched to Windows Ten how has it worked for you. Is it better than 8.1 or just leave well alone. Ultimately how does it work along side Sonar?
2015/07/12 14:20:30
charlyg
No contest. Win 10 is great, except for that new browser Edge( maybe it's just me), but IE is still there.

Bapu was over  yesterday and we were in Sonar for a couple of hours banging around, no issues at all.

I have not had a crash since opting in at build 10130(still a bit buggy), but every iteration after that has been rock solid...
2015/07/12 14:47:40
Doktor Avalanche
I think we need a dedicated windows 10 forums at this rate...
2015/07/12 15:35:09
dappa1
If I upgrade will it everything in windows 8.1 work such as focusrite drivers my projects 32bit Sonar work and plug ins (32bit) or will they no longer exist in Windows Ten
2015/07/12 15:53:27
PilotGav
I love Windows 10. Way better than Windows 8 - which I also loved.

NOTE: If you have any Edirol gear there are no working drivers yet. Other than that I haven't seen any gear that isn't working on W10.

Thanks for nothing Edirol ;-)
2015/07/12 17:12:33
dappa1
Well it sounds good I might try it but I really dont want to lose any song settings I have on Studio X1 and Producer X2 plug ins
2015/07/12 17:23:11
Doktor Avalanche
PilotGav

NOTE: If you have any Edirol gear there are no working drivers yet. Other than that I haven't seen any gear that isn't working on W10.

Win10 is not even released yet. If you are gonna test beta software that's the sort of things you are gonna yet. Choice is yours :)
2015/07/12 17:30:40
slartabartfast
PilotGav

Are you saying there are no Win 10 certified drivers or that there are no Windows 7 or 8 drivers that work under Win 10? Microsoft and their minions have frequently stated that any driver that works on those systems should work on W10. If that is true, then I would not expect many developers to do new drivers for Windows 10.
2015/07/12 17:44:43
charlyg
The idea here is to try and make it seamless. Old drivers working helps that, and if the only thing that needs changing is what version it works with.................eazy-peazy.. If the new features of 10 don't address their particular driver, than there you have it. They changed a few instructions in the program so  that stupid "what version is this?" crap will work.

Don't make it seem harder than it is. 
2015/07/12 23:12:45
CadErik
dappa1
If you switched to Windows Ten how has it worked for you. Is it better than 8.1 or just leave well alone. Ultimately how does it work along side Sonar?

I did switch to build 162 and 166 now, I had to hack my Edirol driver to load my PCR-800 but life is all good now, got all my devices working. This was by far the smoothest upgrade I have done. I was able to load my Sonar project right after the upgrade (yes, everything else worked, ilok, Presonus firewire drivers, hundreds of VST, etc.).
No "major" difference in Sonar but everything feels smoother and more reactive even under a heavy load. Really impressed that all the devices came alive and haven't seen any software incompatibility yet except the Edirol installer.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account