• Computers
  • Who switched to Windows Ten (p.2)
2015/07/12 23:15:34
CadErik
PilotGav
I love Windows 10. Way better than Windows 8 - which I also loved.

NOTE: If you have any Edirol gear there are no working drivers yet. Other than that I haven't seen any gear that isn't working on W10.

There is a small edit you can do in the .inf file to remove the specific version dependency (I think Roland locked the drivers for Win 8 and 8.1). All I did was replace all the Roland.NTamd64.blabla with Roland.NTamd64 in the .inf file and magic happened.
2015/07/13 02:18:36
dappa1
Sounds pretty decent I think I will wait until the official release date then upgrade to windows 10 Focusrite on their webpage have stated that they are ensuring that all their drivers are working for windows 10. I am glad that they are keeping up and informing customers. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition as some have stated here. 

I am scared of Cortana no woman is faithful and I wonder who she will be sharing my information with 'Hey Cortana, what is Dappa1 doing today pull out all his files from the last six months check his accounts and what he has bought'
'He has bought Sonar Platinum a few plug ins and he has a new girlfriend I am jealous...what else do you want to know, his account number?'
2015/07/13 03:01:29
BRuys
dappa1
I am scared of Cortana no woman is faithful and I wonder who she will be sharing my information with 'Hey Cortana, what is Dappa1 doing today pull out all his files from the last six months check his accounts and what he has bought'
'He has bought Sonar Platinum a few plug ins and he has a new girlfriend I am jealous...what else do you want to know, his account number?'

No Cortana for me - I don't speak with the required accent.  Google's voice recognition works perfectly with my Kiwi accent, but MS aren't even allowing Cortana to work outside of a limited number of locations.  I have read that you need an approved "microphone array" to use it anyway.
2015/07/13 05:40:51
Sycraft
dappa1
Well it sounds good I might try it but I really dont want to lose any song settings I have on Studio X1 and Producer X2 plug ins

My recommendation is wait a bit after it is out for companies to certify their software/hardware with 10. Some companies are already on it, and most things run fine, no changes needed, but just give it a couple weeks or a month after release. Most companies should iron out any lingering issues pretty quick.
2015/07/13 12:01:28
bapu
Doktor Avalanche
I think we need a dedicated windows 10 forums at this rate...

So that we can have 100 questions on how SONAR does in Win 10.

Excellent idea.
2015/07/13 12:09:52
Doktor Avalanche
Well as nobody here seems to want to search for, or merge posts... I suggest a forum on google as well..

Forgive me it's Monday... ;)
2015/07/13 12:25:13
bapu
Doktor Avalanche
Forgive me it's Monday... ;)

But what do I do with you tomorrow?
2015/07/13 12:42:17
Jim Roseberry
dappa1
If you switched to Windows Ten how has it worked for you. Is it better than 8.1 or just leave well alone. Ultimately how does it work along side Sonar?

As has been mentioned, Win10 hasn't been officially released.
By very definition, you are beta-testing (albeit at the Release Candidate stage).
Most things work fine... but I'd sit it out for a couple of months.
Wait for BIOS, firmware, driver, and Windows updates to smooth out early issues.

2015/07/13 13:46:02
dappa1
I heard we have a year after release to upgrade?
2015/07/13 14:03:59
charlyg
Some of us like to help out by being early adopters.
Some don't.
So is it bug avoidance, being smart, or responsibility avoidance? There will always be bugs.

I remember a fellow who took so long to decide whether to upgrade to a 386, that Pentiums were flying off the shelves before he ever made a decision.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account