• Computers
  • Who switched to Windows Ten (p.3)
2015/07/13 14:05:23
bapu
charlyg
I remember a fellow who took so long to decide whether to upgrade to a 386, that Pentiums were flying off the shelves before he ever made a decision.

And then he hit the floating point error? LOL!!!!
2015/07/13 14:43:10
fireberd
For my own use, based on what I've done with Win 10 Preview versions, I'll upgrade when its made available.  I haven't had any problems so far and don't expect the final RTM version to "break" anything I use.

I'm only upgrading my Win 8.1 install.  I'm keeping my Win 7 install so if some remote chance Win 10 doesn't work out, I still have Win 7.
2015/07/13 16:06:28
dappa1
Fireberd that's a win win situation hey what are the chances 7, 8, 8.1 or even 10 maybe?
2015/07/13 16:14:16
charlyg
Pun intended?
2015/07/13 19:39:50
Doktor Avalanche
Not upgrading until Xmas earliest (I'm not crazy! :). If anybody experiencing Windows 10 problems M$ hired Bapu as official support representative.
2015/07/13 23:36:25
LaszloZoltan
gee whiz wow 10 My first concern would be hitting activation limit on a number of my vsts- gosh darn dang f-uhhhhh
2015/07/14 04:34:36
cclarry
I've been using it since the first draft relief.  Build 10159 crashed the C Drive on my Computer.
Fortunately, nothing lived there but the os.  I tried doing the recovery and that didn't work, tried
startup repair didn't work, so finally had to resinstall everything.  It took a couple of days.  But it
would have take a whole lot longer if I had to had to reinstall all of my samples and soundsets.

It has been perfectly fine for me, and the latest version is snappy and nice!  It is a marked improvement
over Win 8.1, which was very stable  for me.

To me, it's better to jump in with both feet and learn it, rather then live in fear and then sit back and 
just go along for the ride...YMMV
2015/07/14 10:59:39
Doktor Avalanche
cclarry
To me, it's better to jump in with both feet and learn it, rather then live in fear and then sit back and 
just go along for the ride...YMMV

I'd prefer making sure everything works for everybody else before I jump in. Historically all windows releases have had big problems for the first six months I don't see how this could be any different, there just seems to be more publicity and PR behind the preview.

As far as learning the new OS is concerned... How long is that going to take for existing users ? A couple of hours and maybe a week getting used to it?
2015/07/16 14:39:09
batsbrew
seeing as to how i'm still on Win XP, running super smoothly,
i guess it wont matter if i wait a couple more years to update to Win10.

LOL
2015/07/16 15:43:40
bapu
Doktor Avalanche
I'd prefer making sure everything works for everybody else before I jump in. 

Define "everybody else"?

All SONAR users (whether on the forum or not)?
All converted MAC users?
All Win XP -> Win 10 users (including batsbrew)?
Every man woman and child on the earth armed with an audio interface?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account