• Computers
  • Who switched to Windows Ten (p.9)
2015/08/10 00:40:26
soundtweaker
fireberd
Also, here is a simpler way to disable/re-enable the Driver Signature function.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Open a Command Prompt with admin privileges. In Windows 10 or 8, just press the Windows key + X and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
  1. Type in the following command and press Enter.
    bcdedit /set testsigning on
You should receive “The operation completed successfully” message.Restart the PC and after Win 10 starts do the driver install.
  • Close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.  You will be able to install or run any unsigned driver without problems.To re-enable the Driver Signature Enforcement again, run this command with the Command Prompt with the admin privileges.   bcdedit /set testsigning off
    Then restart the PC. 

• I got an error doing it this way because I have Secureboot enabled in my UEFI. The original way did work for me and my PCR-800 installed fine.
  • 2015/08/13 23:32:20
    synkrotron
    I've had a good read about getting the Edirol PCR keyboard controllers working in Windows 10 and so far I have had no such luck...

I may have made the mistake of uninstalling the driver, and now it won't let me reinstall it.

Stumped...
    2015/08/14 01:32:43
    bapu
    Three of four are done.

Th e DAW is scheduled to be done this weekend.
    2015/08/14 19:53:02
    Doktor Avalanche
    All of the above and the dog :)
    Besides I'm running Windows 10 everywhere now apart from my DAW as tests concluded that the Saffire Pro would not work due to a known issue with VIA chipsets Focusrite knows about. Even if I wanted to I could not.
    2015/08/14 20:09:57
    Doktor Avalanche
    Oh good lord I'm responding to something I already responded to...
    Time for beer..
    2015/08/14 21:12:20
    gswitz
    Bapu, please let me know how your RME handles opening multiple projects and switching between them.
    2015/08/31 12:40:16
    JeromeBertrem07
    Hi all

First thank you Blades and fireberd for figuring out how to solve the issue. But somehow the suggested steps don't work for me..

When I plug it in, the display counts up until +- 64 and is lit for a few seconds. After that the PCR seems to be turned off. I followed every step as suggested in this forum and I've even tried it to install the driver twice. In device manager the driver is noted with a (!). So I right click and point "update driver..." but when selecting the folder containing the INF-file it have an error message saying that it was unable to install the driver properly.

Now what? Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas? It's sad to see my PCR 500 being kicked out of order by windows 10...

Thanks in advance
    2015/09/06 17:27:55
    Blades
    Sounds like you might have something not quite right in the edit of the driver inf file, if I had to guess.
    2015/09/06 18:25:22
    jbow
    I was away for three days and shut my computer down. When I got back and started it up I finaly had to do a hard reboot, it seemed to be stuck in a loop. Then I got to the screen just before the desktop and had to reboot again. I finally got it up and running but it took a good 20 minutes. I hope this does not become a regular problem.
    THIS is what worries me when I consider upgrading my DAW to 10. If it is offline for a week or two... what is going to happen when I go online?? Is MS update going to take over and make me wait an hour before things are running right? This concerns me... any thoughts on this?

J
    2015/09/06 19:30:35
    Doktor Avalanche
    jbow
    I was away for three days and shut my computer down. When I got back and started it up I finaly had to do a hard reboot, it seemed to be stuck in a loop. Then I got to the screen just before the desktop and had to reboot again. I finally got it up and running but it took a good 20 minutes. I hope this does not become a regular problem.
    THIS is what worries me when I consider upgrading my DAW to 10. If it is offline for a week or two... what is going to happen when I go online?? Is MS update going to take over and make me wait an hour before things are running right? This concerns me... any thoughts on this?

J

Probably this, it should have fixed itself:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2421595/windows-10-cluster-update-puts-some-users-into-a-reboot-loop

It's a good sign in my view it was able to autorecover itself.
    It is supposed to run in the background and you will never know it is there.
    I hope you have "defer updates" ticked.
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account