2016/01/20 11:15:37
polarbear
I'd imagine this has probably been brought up before, but a way to customize what the smart tool does and doesn't do. For example, I never really use the comping part of it, so to free up those pixels in which i can click to just simply drag edit, and keep the top for fades... Would be perfecto. Because a lot of times I miss the middle 1/3rd of the track and I'm just slightly below in the comping area and poof, all my other clips in that track are muted. For my work flow, it would be better if comping was just taken out of the Smart Tool equation.

thanks.
2016/01/20 21:42:00
brconflict
Absolutely! Yes, been wanting this a while. Sometimes the Smart Tool can be slightly too smart. I'd like the option of dumbing it down, such as disabling its tendency to Speed Comp.
2016/01/21 11:20:49
BobF
In the mean time, maybe you could set up some key bindings for quick tool selection.  For example, I have z, x, c set up for Smart, Select, Move like this:

2016/01/21 14:40:09
Kev999
BobF
...set up some key bindings for quick tool selection.  For example, I have z, x, c set up for Smart, Select, Move...

In Sonar X3 the function keys F5-F7 are already set to do this by default. Is that no longer the case in the current version?
2016/01/21 16:20:04
BobF
Kev999
BobF
...set up some key bindings for quick tool selection.  For example, I have z, x, c set up for Smart, Select, Move...

In Sonar X3 the function keys F5-F7 are already set to do this by default. Is that no longer the case in the current version?

I have no idea.  There were no assignments for them when I looked.  I will say that z-x-c is a lot easier for me to reach for quickly than F keys are though
2016/01/21 20:18:30
icontakt
polarbear
I'd imagine this has probably been brought up before,  

Yes, you can use the Search field before posting (but make sure you change the duration in the Time Filter drop-down from "30 days" to "365 days" beforehand). 
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Custom-Smart-Tool-m3213535.aspx

One request receiving 10 votes is probably better than two same requests with each receiving  5 votes. 
2016/02/08 07:39:24
jpetersen
I'm told I look like a Japanese woman playing a Koto.

I have my right hand on the mousepad, I then have to raise myself a little to reach over my right hand and then hit the approproate F-key.

Sonar 8.5 uses the E, D and S keys - directly under your left hand.
2016/02/23 13:10:17
Afrodrum
I get the tools when I press mouse wheel, see if that works for you.
2016/02/24 17:46:27
jpetersen
I did not know that.
I was actually referring to the mousepad on my mobile rig, but I am using your tip now on my main rig where I have a trackball.

Excellent, thanks!
2016/04/02 03:12:55
Notecrusher
icontakt
polarbear
I'd imagine this has probably been brought up before,  

Yes 
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Custom-Smart-Tool-m3213535.aspx

One request receiving 10 votes is probably better than two same requests with each receiving  5 votes. 

And 10 more votes here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Custom-draw-tool-mappings-m3228674.aspx

This system obviously doesn't work cos the same FR's get posted again and again and votes are dissipated. But a new FR portal w/ voting is coming.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account