• SONAR
  • Way to get additional ProChannel Modules
2018/02/25 00:42:46
h3kke
I don't expect anyone to have an answer to this, but I'd be interested in a way to purchase some of the additional Cakewalk ProChannel compressor / EQ modules.  I hope there's a way to do that.  In particular, the LA-2A emulation is great.
2018/02/25 00:56:55
scook
For the 2016-10 release Cakewalk gave away the CA-2A. The link is still up.
I suppose Softube (Softube Mix Bundle) and Boz Digital (Hoser XT and +10db bundle) still include PC modules. Both of them had PC modules for compressors and EQs. Check with the manufacturers.
2018/02/25 00:57:03
sharke
No way to get them any more, at least for the time being. 

In the meantime, if you're after a great LA-2A compressor then check out the one sold by Native Instruments, the VC-2A (made by Softube). I prefer it to the CA-2A a little more. It's $99 but I think the CA-2A was $80? So just marginally more expensive. 
2018/02/25 01:01:30
h3kke
I actually have the VC-2A by NI.  But it's kind of annoying (at least for me) having some plugins in the ProChannel and some in the plug-in bin.  Maybe I'm just anal about that kind of thing.  If I could get some more of the Pro-Channel plugins then it would probably cover 95% of my needs.
2018/02/25 01:40:35
sharke
rlared
I actually have the VC-2A by NI.  But it's kind of annoying (at least for me) having some plugins in the ProChannel and some in the plug-in bin.  Maybe I'm just anal about that kind of thing.  If I could get some more of the Pro-Channel plugins then it would probably cover 95% of my needs.

You do know you can put regular VST's in the ProChannel though right? 
2018/02/25 01:47:21
Kamikaze
I never got the gate, which was silly, because a number were sales for 19.99 at the time, and picked up the rest except this one. I haven't seen that anywhere since the closure.

The Bz Bendeth is worth getting, but when  it's n a sale. It was a good price before Xmas, but I already had. They also come in a VST format. They are silly money now.
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/hoserxt-and-10db-bundle/

I never gt the Softtube because of iLok, but I don't think they sell the MixBundle now, which is a shame because the focusing EQ was raved about.

Maybe we'll see all the Cakewak ProChannels bundled when the program resurrects. I wuldn't be buying anything cakewak specific until we know what the plan is

2018/02/25 02:04:42
scook
The individual plug-ins from the Softube Mix Bundle also included PC format just like the plug-ins from the Boz Digital bundles mentioned above. AFAIK, the individual plug-ins are all still available. Softube eliminated the need for an iLok dongle but do still use iLok PC-based copy protection.
2018/02/25 02:51:44
mritenburg
You know, the Sonitus compressor that's included with Sonar includes an LA2A emulation mode.
2018/02/25 03:29:06
optimus
sharke
 You do know you can put regular VST's in the ProChannel though right? 

No I didn't.
How do you do that?
2018/02/25 03:32:51
scook
Dropping a plug-in into the ProChannel inserts an FX chain containing the plug-in,
explicitly add an FX chain container to the ProChannel and add plug-ins into it,
or drop an FX chain preset into the ProChannel.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account