• Software
  • Waves subscription plans announced (p.2)
2018/06/08 13:06:19
bluzdog
Jesse G
If they waited for each plugin to go on sale for $29 and then got them from everyplugin.com, they would make out better,   LOL 

Even better with bundles. Gold has been had for $100ish, the upgrade from Gold to Platinum has been below $100. That's 50 (mostly $29) plugins at $2 each.

Rocky
2018/06/08 14:07:00
dcumpian
bluzdog
Jesse G
If they waited for each plugin to go on sale for $29 and then got them from everyplugin.com, they would make out better,   LOL 

Even better with bundles. Gold has been had for $100ish, the upgrade from Gold to Platinum has been below $100. That's 50 (mostly $29) plugins at $2 each.

Rocky

Yep. This "plan" is a bad deal unless you just want to try them out. But demos are free so it still doesn't make any sense.

Dan
2018/06/08 15:41:56
Grem
dcumpian
bluzdog
Jesse G

Rocky

Yep. This "plan" is a bad deal unless you just want to try them out. But demos are free so it still doesn't make any sense.

Dan

Not to us. But evidently, someone is buying. With all these subscription/rent-to-own plans out there, has to be a reason we just don't see.

I ain't buying the subscription plan. I ain't buying no more unless it's the new $29 deal. I have bought some of the newly introduced stuff at 'intro' prices only to see it offered for $29 maybe a month or two later. Like the Shepps Omni Channel. Paid I think $49 for that when it came out thinking it was really good and no way would it go on sale for $29. We all know how wrong I was on that!

So I passed on a few of them like Brauer Motion, Torque, and the F6 EQ, Smack Attack. Hoping they would go on the $29 sale. Sure enough, they did.

Like the rest of ya'll, I don't see any benefit in the subscription model. But because they are offering it (like many others), means somebody is buying it!!
2018/06/08 16:19:42
bluzdog
Grem
dcumpian
bluzdog
Jesse G

Rocky

Dan

Not to us. But evidently, someone is buying. With all these subscription/rent-to-own plans out there, has to be a reason we just don't see.

I ain't buying the subscription plan. I ain't buying no more unless it's the new $29 deal. I have bought some of the newly introduced stuff at 'intro' prices only to see it offered for $29 maybe a month or two later. Like the Shepps Omni Channel. Paid I think $49 for that when it came out thinking it was really good and no way would it go on sale for $29. We all know how wrong I was on that!

So I passed on a few of them like Brauer Motion, Torque, and the F6 EQ, Smack Attack. Hoping they would go on the $29 sale. Sure enough, they did.

Like the rest of ya'll, I don't see any benefit in the subscription model. But because they are offering it (like many others), means somebody is buying it!!

You only know what you know and we're well informed about the current plugin market. Thanks Larry and everyone else who takes the time to keep us informed.

Rocky
2018/06/08 20:54:13
BobF
Grem
dcumpian
bluzdog
Jesse G

Rocky

Dan

I'm with you Michael, but autos, homes, furniture and appliances have been sold to folks focused more on "how much a month" than the total price for decades.
2018/06/10 00:25:29
The Maillard Reaction

2018/06/10 03:43:32
dj squarewave
Grem
I remember forum moderators calling people out for them using the word 'subscription' when describing the new 'membership'. 

The protestations seemed tragically comical, in a mostly tragic sort of way.

Section 2 paragraph b) of the CAKEWALK, INC. LICENSE AGREEMENT REV 01.2015
"b) Cancellation. Licensee is under no obligation to continue the subscription and may..."

lol . . . good find. Yeah it always was a subscription which ever way you cut it, many jolly moments were had watching the faithful and their knee jerk reactions as they sprung forth to try and defend the undefendable . . . Good times
2018/06/10 07:00:24
bapu
 I was rong?
2018/06/10 07:49:25
With regards the Waves Subscription

It's not a Subscription . . . it's 'Rent To Own'!!  (Sound familiar) Copyright Wibbles
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account