• Software
  • Waves subscription plans announced (p.3)
2018/06/10 08:02:23
I guess one thing you can say about Waves, they called it what it was, they didn't try to obfuscate the facts over and over and over . . .
2018/06/10 14:11:39
pwalpwal
i'm waiting to hear from anderton on this
2018/06/10 15:53:03
JonD
Matron Landslide
I guess one thing you can say about Waves, they called it what it was, they didn't try to obfuscate the facts over and over and over . . .

With regards the Waves Subscription

It's not a Subscription . . . it's 'Rent To Own'!!  (Sound familiar) Copyright Wibbles

Matron,
I know the Studio One forums are as dead as disco so you'd get no audience there, but your constant CW trolling here is aimed at the wrong company. The company you feel wronged by, Gibson, is gone (Well, for all intents and purposes).  Why not take your rants over to KVR where you'll at least be somewhat appreciated?  
2018/06/11 06:28:45
Daibhidh
I didn't know about the EP site. I'm grateful you guys mentioned it.
2018/06/11 08:47:40
marled
I am still waiting for Waves dropping their odd Waves shell technology. I really don't like such exotic concepts that obscure the plugin installations and not least slow down project loading (plugin loading) and plugin scanning.

Marc
2018/06/11 11:43:29
Grem
I agree about the Waves Shell.

It does allow for easy saving of presets across all of their plugins. And I am guessing that it helps in support across platforms. And of course it helps facilitate their licenses.

I don't think they are going to get rid of the WaveShell anytime soon. But I wish they would allow a choice when they do install. Like I only want vst3 plugs. Not all the other stuff for other daws installed.

CbB is the slowest scanning plugins. Reaper ain't that speedy either. SO3 is really fast for scanning plugins.
2018/06/11 12:06:20
BobF
Grem

CbB is the slowest scanning plugins. Reaper ain't that speedy either. SO3 is really fast for scanning plugins.

My experience as well.  However, I added Abbey Plates during the $29 sale.  SO4 didn't pick it up until I went to browser>home>Update Plug-ins.  THEN it gave a message that Waveshellblahblahblah would be re-scanned on next startup of SO.

Other plugs I've added have been picked up automatically on startup without that step.
2018/06/11 12:13:51
Grem
Maybe that's the reason SO can scan so fast. It's not looking for new stuff. Just the stuff it knows about.
2018/06/11 12:56:42
BobF
Grem
Maybe that's the reason SO can scan so fast. It's not looking for new stuff. Just the stuff it knows about.

It has found other VSTs without the extra step.  It appears to me that they're treating Waves differently.
2018/06/11 13:18:51
Grem
Oh, I see what your saying Bob. I think that they all have to treat Waves differently because of the "shell".

I know that if I start CbB without my license on the machine, then a few days later when I go to start it again and the Waves license are on it, it will scan every Waves plugin again. All vst2, vst3, 32 & 64bit. And I got quite a few Waves plugins and it really becomes a PITA.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account