2012/12/02 13:27:42
complexsimple
I'm having trouble mapping a wav file to the appropriate key when trying to create an SFZ file. I've made all my other ones but the splash cymbal is giving me trouble. As far as I can see, my SFZ file is fine. Here is my SFZ file information. //========================Splash group=55 key=55 polyphony=1 rt_decay=6.500 ampeg_release=2 sample=ZildSplash10_01.wav The trouble is every time I load this file it selects the key 54 which is a tambourine I think (which is blank). It's on the same pad (those four small square ones - called pad 1) but not the correct key. I can manually change it, but would prefer if it would load like it's supposed to. I've created a preset file and a template so each time I want to create a new cakewalk project I can just load my template. If I don't use the group command, my file will also load on key 52 and 54 in different pitches. I only want the file I have as my sample on key 55. Does anybody know what to do for this situation? Thanks!!  
2012/12/02 13:29:21
complexsimple
How come when I type this in, I use enter to create spaces between paragraphs and when it's posted, it's all jumbled together?
2012/12/02 14:05:52
scook
Posts created with current versions of FireFox do not format correctly in this forum. If you are only going to use a single sample, no need for sfz, just drop the sample on the pad. I got your sfz file to work with a few changes:

//========================
<group>
Splash group=55
key=55
polyphony=1
rt_decay=6.500
ampeg_release=2

<region>
sample=yourSampleHere
2012/12/03 01:24:43
complexsimple
I got it working now. Thanks for the help!! Very much appreciated.
2014/05/04 21:44:06
chuckebaby
looking for SFZ file information on cakewalks site.
the Dev X change.
http://www.cakewalk.com/DevXchange

there used to be a nice example about sfz files,
is this gone for good ? if so does anyone happen to have a copy of it ?

thank you.
2014/05/04 21:57:02
scook
I did not keep a copy of it. But you are in luck thanks to Wayback https://web.archive.org/w...e/article.aspx?aid=108
I would also recommend Simon Cann's "Cakewalk Synthesizers: From Presets To Power User" as an sfz reference.
2014/05/04 23:21:36
chuckebaby
thanks a million man. ;-)
2016/01/30 15:55:49
chuckebaby
hate bump 100 year old threads but has anyone tried using SFZ'ed ?
a tool for writing SFZ codes.
it can be useful if you have 16 different velocity's, 20 different drums...exc.

I need to find a faster way to write the code, im creating librarys from my instruments and its taking years.
thanks
2016/01/30 16:18:05
scook
I have it but have not messed with it in some time. I recall using it to create some basic sfz files from some sample collections I grabbed of the internet. Other than that, I don't write much sfz from scratch instead copy an existing file and use string replace functions in the editor. Any decent text editor should do. That said, I have not written much sfz in a while.
2016/01/30 21:07:52
chuckebaby
thanks Mr Cook :-)
ive downloaded plogue's  sforzando. going to see if I can save some time doing it like this.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account