2017/03/17 15:28:40
bitflipper
One of the many VIs that went away when my computer (and external backup drive) was stolen last year was SampleTank3. I didn't bother with it initially because, frankly, I'd rarely used it anyway. But today I decided what the heck, I paid two hundred bucks for it, I might as well get it back.

Well, IKM wants me to pay ten bucks to re-download the product. And to add further insult, the site suggests that "we do suggest to backup the sounds to DVD or an external hard drive for future installs". Grrr.

Every other library vendor let me re-download their products without charge. Of course, it's not about the ten bucks, it's the principle. The company's slogan is, after all, "Musicians First".
2017/03/17 15:40:29
Slugbaby
That's not cool.  How can they charge for you to download something?  The bandwidth use and fees would be virtually nonexistent.
2017/03/17 15:40:53
Magic Russ
That is awful.  I hope you didn't lose Alchemy too in that theft.
2017/03/17 15:54:59
kitekrazy1
bitflipper
One of the many VIs that went away when my computer (and external backup drive) was stolen last year was SampleTank3. I didn't bother with it initially because, frankly, I'd rarely used it anyway. But today I decided what the heck, I paid two hundred bucks for it, I might as well get it back.

Well, IKM wants me to pay ten bucks to re-download the product. And to add further insult, the site suggests that "we do suggest to backup the sounds to DVD or an external hard drive for future installs". Grrr.

Every other library vendor let me re-download their products without charge. Of course, it's not about the ten bucks, it's the principle. The company's slogan is, after all, "Musicians First".

Of course it is.  I archive all of my libraries.  You do have a point. 
2017/03/17 15:59:44
Fleer
Hit them up for support and PM the IK man. Peter will set things right.
2017/03/17 16:12:41
Mesh

Seriously IK? charging $10 to download?

Although Peter and support are very helpful people, it shouldn't even get to this. The download should be available for free to all paid customers. It certainly portrays IK Multimedia as being a "money grabbing" company.
More like Money First, Musicians second.

2017/03/17 16:36:56
BassDaddy
The reload fee and Waves wup are artifacts of a time gone by. They are revenue streams they don't want to give up in, what I like to call, the 21st century. Make great products, then offend your
customers. Great business model.
2017/03/17 17:29:57
cclarry
This is one of my (long list of) business practice complaints
and I've stated it MANY times.  You shouldn't be charged
to "re-download" something you've already purchased...EVER,
by ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.  That's "extortion"...not
customer service....
2017/03/17 17:45:06
Starise
I think that they should set things straight for free. It isn't about the money. They can id you, they can tie that into your purchases. End of story.
Along similar lines. I am getting increasingly burned about re registering my IK plug-ins. I must have registered the same plugs on the same computer a half dozen times. The last time I went to load a plug in I gave up and loaded something else. I don't have the time to continually prove I bought their plug ins .
2017/03/17 17:55:15
clintmartin
Yep, I have Sample tank 2.5, and I believe there was a 3 or 6 month window to download everything. After that you have to pay.
I downloaded everything I wanted, put it on an external drive, and deleted the program. I'm not much of a synth user.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account