• Software
  • IKM, you gotta be kidding... (p.3)
2017/03/17 20:47:32
kennywtelejazz

gmon72
I have more software (like many here) than any normal person should have and I can't think of one other company that charges to download the libraries after a set amount of time.

Off the top of my head

Air Music Technology gives you ( I think a month ) to download your products . Then there is  a fee to start an extended period of time / window for future downloads ( longer than  a month )
Loop Loft also has a thing where if you exceed a certain number of downloads ... you may have to pay a fee  to require products you had already purchased ...

Kenny
2017/03/17 21:07:05
bitflipper
I appreciate all the advice about backing up libraries, LOL. I did back everything up! Diligently. Problem is, the thieves stole the external backup drive, too.

I had been preparing against hard drive failure, which I'd deemed the most likely threat. I never considering burglary as a possibility, but I do now! The new backup drive gets locked up separately and is never left connected to the computer.
2017/03/17 21:09:04
cclarry
IF that's true then they should also "suffer the consequences"...

If I buy a pair of shoes...I don't get to "wear them for 90 days" and 
then pay a fee if I wan't to continue to wear them...same with the 
back hoe.  I don't get to use for 90 days...and then pay an additional
fee to "keep using it" because I ALREADY BOUGHT IT!!!
2017/03/17 21:17:33
Leadfoot
For the past week I had been leaning towards a purchase of T-Racks Max. After hearing this BS, I've changed my mind.
2017/03/17 21:39:39
rtucker55
I bet Peter will take care of you since you had backed it up and the back up was stolen also.  I have no use for thieves, except as a Target Holder... 
2017/03/17 21:42:57
gmon72
kennywtelejazz

gmon72
I have more software (like many here) than any normal person should have and I can't think of one other company that charges to download the libraries after a set amount of time.

Off the top of my head

Air Music Technology gives you ( I think a month ) to download your products . Then there is  a fee to start an extended period of time / window for future downloads ( longer than  a month )
Loop Loft also has a thing where if you exceed a certain number of downloads ... you may have to pay a fee  to require products you had already purchased ...

Kenny

Looploft support always let me redownload upon request. Not sure if that changed.
2017/03/17 21:49:12
dmbaer
I have encountered several companies who, upon purchase of a sound library or the like, offer an extra-cost (extra but not exorbitant) "insurance policy" that will allow you to download in the future at no cost.  I have yet to pay the money, but I do back up things to DVD.  The only problem (potentially) is that unlike my monthly full-disk backups, which I store at my neighbor's house (protecting against fire as well as theft), my DVDs are not so stored and are at risk - plus, DVDs do go bad (or so I've heard).

But what really annoys me is when the content provider's give you files that are too big to fit on a DVD.  So far, I think Spectrasonics is the only company that's presented me with this problem.

I think asking 10 bucks for a refresh download is a little shabby, but really not enough to warrant never doing business with such a company.  It's *nothing* like that company that sells Nexus (reFX, I think).  Their synth comes with a dongle.  Lose the dongle and your only option is to buy the product over again at full price.  Needless to say, I chose to shop elsewhere the moment I learned of that policy!

2017/03/17 21:52:49
The Grim
never mind
2017/03/17 21:55:37
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Off the top of my head

I just checked the Air Music Tech links that I received from Plugin Boutique over 6 months ago, and they still seem to be active.  But I have already downloaded everything and archived anyway.  Don't really know how long to expect them to work.  The links all point to various path names at "cdn.inmusicbrands.com/air/..."
2017/03/17 22:02:50
kennywtelejazz
gmon72
kennywtelejazz

gmon72

Off the top of my head

Kenny

Looploft support always let me redownload upon request. Not sure if that changed.

Here's a typical receipt I have gotten from Loop Loft 
this will be edited by removing links and certain info

Thanks again for purchasing from The Loop Loft!
Use the link(s) below to download your items. The link(s) below are valid until forever or 5 downloads. Please ensure the entire URL is copied to your web browser.
The fetch link was here ....................................................
For answers to questions, please respond to this email. Please include your order number (XX69X) with your inquiry.
It’s been a pleasure doing business with you!
The Loop Loft
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and products:
The two social media site links were here .......................................

all the best,

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account