• Software
  • IKM, you gotta be kidding... (p.4)
2017/03/17 22:25:40
kennywtelejazz
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Off the top of my head

Air Music Technology gives you ( I think a month ) to download your products . Then there is  a fee to start an extended period of time / window for future downloads ( longer than  a month )

I just checked the Air Music Tech links that I received from Plugin Boutique over 6 months ago, and they still seem to be active.  But I have already downloaded everything and archived anyway.  Don't really know how long to expect them to work.  The links all point to various path names at "cdn.inmusicbrands.com/air/..."

That seems to be good news on one level . I remember looking at my receipt at the time of purchase and I saw there was a limited time frame to download all my stuff ...
That purchase tipped the scales at some crazy gigabyte number  ..
I didn't have the best download speed and I had worry's that I would never get my stuff . Downloading all of the contents of my purchase was just like trying to stuff a one hundred forty five pound woman into a one hundred and fifteen pound dress

Let's see what happens once the sale is finally over

Kenny
2017/03/17 22:56:29
ChazEd
Does anyone have Spectrasonics Omnisphere?

If so, do a backup right now.

"To address all the various user needs and scenarios, Spectrasonics has a new Support Services area that offers Alternative Installation USB Drives and Additional Download Installations for optional purchase."
2017/03/17 22:59:29
The Maillard Reaction

2017/03/17 23:11:47
pentimentosound
IK "taught me" for $10 to download their stuff to a separate drive. I do that for everything now, though I'm gonna have to buy another external drive! LOL
Good luck Dave. I'd talk to Peter, first....
2017/03/17 23:55:17
paulo
ChazEd
Does anyone have Spectrasonics Omnisphere?

If so, do a backup right now.

"To address all the various user needs and scenarios, Spectrasonics has a new Support Services area that offers Alternative Installation USB Drives and Additional Download Installations for optional purchase."

One of the reasons I didn't buy the 0mnisphere 2 upgrade.......USB drive was a rip off and it was a large d/l that seemed prone to failure at the time IIRC, but subsequent d/l's after the first were subject to charges. 
2017/03/17 23:59:49
Fleer
Why did you see the USB drive as a rip off?
2017/03/18 00:08:29
ampfixer
Stuff like this is why cracked software continues to be popular. But you can't blame them. Just look at bank service charges. I think they teach these tactics in business schools.
2017/03/18 00:17:13
abacab
Caa2

LOL!!! Thanks. that was a Friday flashback for sure, straight out of 1987 or so ...

I remember when we hooked up the first T-1 in our office in the mid-80's, and we all stood around and stared at it,  impressed that it could fit the equivalent of 24 analog lines at 56Kbps onto one set of wires.  

Good thing that these days we have access to consumer broadband that is typically at least 10 times as fast as a T-1 line.  And on our private networks, our Ethernet is either 100 Mbps or maybe Gigabit, and our Wi-Fi is at least 150-300 Mbps!

The content delivery networks that major companies distribute digital content from today, have massive bandwidth pipelines connected to their server clouds.  Bandwidth should not be an issue anymore!
2017/03/18 01:52:08
BobF
Hey, laugh all you want.  I get 4Mbps down on a good day.  THAT is the reason I triple backup large downloads.  It's NOT the $10 6 mos or more from now.
2017/03/18 01:57:14
lawajava
pentimentosound
IK "taught me" for $10 to download their stuff to a separate drive. I do that for everything now, though I'm gonna have to buy another external drive! LOL
Good luck Dave. I'd talk to Peter, first....

I have multiple external drives with full installer histories (I mean I have ibackups of all my installers) on these three different drives. One drive is not at my home in case of any home event.

I can sleep peacefully this way. No worries.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account