2017/03/18 02:30:47
timidi
IK is the worst.
2017/03/18 03:57:58
Fleer
Conchita.
2017/03/18 04:35:40
bigcatt
I don't get these sorts of things. Bandwidth is dirt cheap in general. I get that I use cheap hosting but still I pay 25 bucks a year and have order of magnitude three quarters of a million downloads a year. It just doesn't cost that much.
Of course I wonder the same about VI-control's fundraiserers. What does it cost to run a message board?
2017/03/18 04:46:57
bapu
The Grim
never mind

It was a great album back in the day
2017/03/18 04:47:49
bapu
Caa2

Get out the iron McQ. You're gonna need it for the crinkled spots.
2017/03/18 04:48:55
bapu
pentimentosound
IK "taught me" for $10 to download their stuff to a separate drive. I do that for everything now, though I'm gonna have to buy another external drive! LOL
Good luck Dave. I'd talk to Peter, first....

My 2TB raid NAS is nearly full. I just added an 4TB raid NAS.
2017/03/18 05:00:44
kitekrazy1
kennywtelejazz

gmon72
I have more software (like many here) than any normal person should have and I can't think of one other company that charges to download the libraries after a set amount of time.

Off the top of my head

Air Music Technology gives you ( I think a month ) to download your products . Then there is  a fee to start an extended period of time / window for future downloads ( longer than  a month )
Loop Loft also has a thing where if you exceed a certain number of downloads ... you may have to pay a fee  to require products you had already purchased ...

Kenny

I didn't have that issue.
2017/03/18 05:03:19
TerraSin
Redownload costs are one of the many reasons IK is never getting a dime from me ever again. Their business practices are terrible.
2017/03/18 05:10:46
kitekrazy1
TerraSin
Redownload costs are one of the many reasons IK is never getting a dime from me ever again. Their business practices are terrible.

I think the download fee use to be higher like $29.  I remember if you needed to download Kirk Hunter Diamond, you could email and get the links again. Now you just go the your account.  I can download my VSL from their site. EW just keep a copy of the links.  NI you can download everything going back to Komplete 7.
2017/03/18 05:12:30
kitekrazy1
bitflipper
I appreciate all the advice about backing up libraries, LOL. I did back everything up! Diligently. Problem is, the thieves stole the external backup drive, too.

I had been preparing against hard drive failure, which I'd deemed the most likely threat. I never considering burglary as a possibility, but I do now! The new backup drive gets locked up separately and is never left connected to the computer.

I remember. Could be worse if you lost an iLok.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account