• Software
  • IKM, you gotta be kidding... (p.6)
2017/03/18 05:27:07
davdud101
Not to butt in or hijack - but what the *heck* is the point of the iLok dongle? Just so that people can't hack you virtual account and get your licenses without having the physical component? Seems like a lot to go through.....
2017/03/18 05:32:58
bigcatt
ILok is for the developers. Everything gets pirated unless it is heavily protected. The dongles are much harder to crack. I'm not an ILok fan, but I do understand the reasons. Shoot even my stuff gets 'pirated' and its free.
2017/03/18 05:38:09
kennywtelejazz
kitekrazy1
kennywtelejazz

gmon72
I have more software (like many here) than any normal person should have and I can't think of one other company that charges to download the libraries after a set amount of time.

Off the top of my head

Air Music Technology gives you ( I think a month ) to download your products . Then there is  a fee to start an extended period of time / window for future downloads ( longer than  a month )
Loop Loft also has a thing where if you exceed a certain number of downloads ... you may have to pay a fee  to require products you had already purchased ...

Kenny

I didn't have that issue.

I have never had the issue yet myself because I have never exceeded the 5 download limit / cap per purchase

Have you downloaded your any of your Loop Loft purchases more than 5 times yet ? 

I posted this e mail , a receipt from an actual  Loop Loft purchase I had made ....
I will save you the trouble of going back to post # 30 in this thread to see my actual receipt

I edited this by removing links and certain info

Thanks again for purchasing from The Loop Loft!
Use the link(s) below to download your items. The link(s) below are valid until forever or 5 downloads. Please ensure the entire URL is copied to your web browser.
The fetch link was here ....................................................
For answers to questions, please respond to this email. Please include your order number (XX69X) with your inquiry.
It’s been a pleasure doing business with you!
The Loop Loft
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and products:
The two social media site links were here .......................................

Now whether they honor this or not ...this is what they state ...
I would love it if I can download the same stuff I bought 10 times ...I'm just not willing to take a chance

Kenny
2017/03/18 10:59:11
paulo
Fleer
Why did you see the USB drive as a rip off?

£50 (approx $75 at the time) over and above the cost of the d/l.

2017/03/18 11:54:26
Zargg
Hi. I noticed yesterday when in "Custom Shop" that I needed to re download "The Grid", and was asked to pay 9.99$ to do it.
That's enough for me not to bother doing it just out of principal.
All the best.
2017/03/18 12:42:37
pentimentosound
@Zargg
I got that notice a few weeks ago about my expansion library (can't recall which one) had expired and would cost, but it was still there and I had the zip to reinstall it, anyway.

When I posted this on the IK forum, I was told only my option to download it for free had expired. That's when I remembered that IK "got" me in the habit of saving all my exe. in 2 other drives.

I've come to think of it as "use tax"! LOL
Michael
2017/03/18 14:14:32
Zargg
@ pentimentosound I hope I have it on one of my external HD's. Otherwise, I'm carrying on without it.
All the best.
2017/03/18 16:00:46
bitflipper
A note regarding Spectrasonics...if you buy from a third party you'll get your library on a USB drive, but if you buy from Spectrasonics directly it'll be a download. Not only that, the third party's price will usually be $20 or so lower. Pay a little less and your backup's already done. 
2017/03/18 16:13:29
smallstonefan
davdud101
Not to butt in or hijack - but what the *heck* is the point of the iLok dongle? Just so that people can't hack you virtual account and get your licenses without having the physical component? Seems like a lot to go through.....

I'm in the process of building a new DAW and I'm really trying to approach this from a project management perspective. I am documenting everything I have installed in my existing DAW and making notes as to whether or not I have the installers (I save them to 2 different hard drives) and what I need to address from a license perspective. Honestly, the iLok stuff is the least of my problems (as is Waves since I installed licenses on a USB key) because I just plug the iLok/USB key in the new machine. Plugin Alliance lets you release licenses as does Toontrack, so those should be the next easiest. But I have a lot of software (Ableton Live included) that are nebulous on the number of installs and may require contacting the company. However, I probably won't catch them all ahead of time and will run into issues as they come up.

I sort of like how the dongle addresses the licensing for me...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account