• Software
  • IKM, you gotta be kidding... (p.9)
2017/05/27 22:12:46
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Last night when I saw your post I decided to find out if I could re-download anything from my whole Air purchase.
I went back and found all my info ...everything ...links to downloads, order number, e mail I used and then I brought up the Air link where you place your order number with your e mail so you can download your products ..
MY whole purchase came up MIA after repeated attempts
As I have said I do not want to have to use my second license on my PC , I want to use it on a Mac .
SO Yeah you better believe that in this case I hope I may be wrong and these products can be downloaded again with out a time constraint. 

The only thing I didn't do was to go back to the order page on Air's website  and reorder the product with my Audio Deluxe order number from my purchase..
Will that clear the shopping cart to zero for The Air complete purchase price for one to be able to re download ?.
For all I know , that may be the missing key to re downloading the whole product . The thing is I don't know that  since I'm not willing to try that at this point 
When I bought the product , I did save this whole monster of a download in a few safe places ...my only regret was I didn't download the Mac installers at the same time...

alright folks , that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Kenny

Hey Kenny, I have a list of the MAC and PC direct download links for most of these products from inmusicbrands.com.  I bought my bundle from Plugin Boutique and these links are still available in my account.  No signing in required for the downloads, just click the link and go.

If you already registered the product license, all you will need is the installer file.

PM me if you are interested! 
2017/05/27 22:38:19
Soundwise
abacab
Hey Kenny, I have a list of the MAC and PC direct download links for most of these products from inmusicbrands.com.  I bought my bundle from Plugin Boutique and these links are still available in my account.  No signing in required for the downloads, just click the link and go.

If you already registered the product license, all you will need is the installer file.

I also bought mine form Plugin Boutique. Looks like the restriction Kenny has faced comes from the distributor and not the developer.
2017/05/27 23:18:23
dmbaer
bitflipper
In the meantime, my strategy is to never keep my backup drive in the same room as the computer except when actually performing backups. When I went to the Philippines in March I left it with someone so it wouldn't be in the house. My laptop, also being an alternate backup destination, is kept separate from both my primary workstation and my backup drive unless I'm there in the room with them.

I'm surprised you are considering investing in an expensive safe when just buying two backup drives is really inexpensive these days (and I'm talking about very fast USB 3 high-capacity units).  Just keep one off-site in another physical structure.

I have two drives which I use for fully backing up both my DAW and "office" computers.  What I do is always have the latest one at my neighbor's house.  I do full backups once a month (and, yes, you could easily argue that that is too infrequent) and swap drives right after I've done my monthly full disk backups.  Short of the San Francisco Bay Area becoming a war zone or an large jet airplane crashing and devastating the entire neighborhood, this is plenty of risk-adversity, IMO.

But I must give a note of thanks to your burglar, Dave.  Your incident made me get religion and start the practice of off-site storage.  Before that I just kept the backups in an allegedly fireproof filing cabinet.
2017/05/28 00:28:43
abacab
Soundwise

I also bought mine form Plugin Boutique. Looks like the restriction Kenny has faced comes from the distributor and not the developer.

That sounds about right!

It seems that the Plugin Boutique download links for AIR (inMusic Brands) products go straight to the developer's CDN (content delivery network).  So I assume that is where the AIR website hosts the downloads for all the new customers who purchase direct as well.  So as long as AIR are still selling the product, those links will likely not expire.

It does seem odd that the policy would vary by distributor though ... it's not like Audio Deluxe has to host the files...

Lesson learned though, in general it pays to keep multiple backups of all your downloads to avoid losing access to your software!  You never know when the plug might be pulled, or if a burglar might show up! 
2017/05/28 03:13:07
JohnKenn
Don't laugh, because quite primitive, but any mechanical tech ideas to improve on the design?

Have lightly thought about data loss over time and don't want to trust data to a cloud where something else is controlling.

Have multiple backups in the place here, but what if the place goes down. Asked the wife to save the cigar box with two multi tera byte backups if possible on the way out.

Could send a copy to a relative, but was thinking of this. Old school to the max...

Protect the backup data to an external hard drive.
Seal the drive in a plastic zip bag.
Put the zip bag in a wide mouth Mason jar with airtight lid.
Mason jar in a decent Walmart small plastic tool box, sealed against moisture.
Bury the thing in a place away from the structure.
Realize a couple things... Post box would be an alternative if you pay the rent, and this would not work for those in an active acquisition phase.

Ideas?

John
2017/05/28 03:40:03
kennywtelejazz
Soundwise
abacab

abacab ,

Thank you for your generous offer  I'm good for now ..if that changes I will send you a PM 

Alisa ,

I may have to try Plugin Boutique out in the future ...

thanks ,

Kenny
2017/05/28 03:42:06
abacab
JohnKenn
Don't laugh, because quite primitive, but any mechanical tech ideas to improve on the design?

Have lightly thought about data loss over time and don't want to trust data to a cloud where something else is controlling.

Have multiple backups in the place here, but what if the place goes down. Asked the wife to save the cigar box with two multi tera byte backups if possible on the way out.

Could send a copy to a relative, but was thinking of this. Old school to the max...

Protect the backup data to an external hard drive.
Seal the drive in a plastic zip bag.
Put the zip bag in a wide mouth Mason jar with airtight lid.
Mason jar in a decent Walmart small plastic tool box, sealed against moisture.
Bury the thing in a place away from the structure.
Realize a couple things... Post box would be an alternative if you pay the rent, and this would not work for those in an active acquisition phase.

Ideas?

John

Put backup drive in  a safe deposit box at the bank, maybe?
2017/05/28 04:04:58
kennywtelejazz
You guy's are killing me
Now I'm trying to picture what it would feel like walking into the bank ala Jason Bourne ...
Once inside the safety deposit box and after moving around all the passports , stacks of money and guns ,
is it better to put the hard drives on the top of the box ? or is it better to put them on the bottom of the box

Yeah I know get a Life 

Kenny

2017/05/28 08:31:27
Soundwise
kennywtelejazz
You guy's are killing me
Now I'm trying to picture what it would feel like walking into the bank ala Jason Bourne ...
Once inside the safety deposit box and after moving around all the passports , stacks of money and guns ,
is it better to put the hard drives on the top of the box ? or is it better to put them on the bottom of the box

Yeah I know get a Life 

Kenny

I agree. Since IK is the only vendor (correct me if I'm wrong) that charges a fee to re-activate download access, isn't it more efficient to just pay that fee in an extraordinary emergency case, like burglary, than invest a lot more into an extra HDD that is kept in another place that still might be a subject to another burglary, or fire, or flood?
2017/05/28 11:43:28
Zo
Why not have our own server ...cakewalk users and share our files ?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account