• Software
  • What have I missed...Where is it...
2018/06/07 05:36:13
JohnKenn
Right place to post maybe, but seeking advice on plugins that I can't get right.

VST stuff, got a wasteland of plugins that indicates a hoarding disease.
Thru the years have witnessed the evolution of effects that have gone from crap to professional freeware offerings for the taking.
Always still looking for another compressor that does the job better. A more efficient noise gate. These things are still improving..

Got EQ. Got reverb. Got delay. Got phaser. All these covered to the point that any further purchase or download is a waste...

What I can't get so far is a go to chorus or flanger that delivers a 3D stereo and control over these parameters. Trying to find something that splatters the input across the left and right field to suck you into the effect. Maybe doesn't exist. Have tried most of them that I can find.

Freeware, paid ware, any advice?

John

2018/06/07 09:31:03
Grem
Have you tried Bluecat Audio free chorus?

How about the Analog Chorus in Amplitube? Amplitube also has a Fender Triangle chorus that I really like a lot. It only comes with the Fender collection. 

Plugin Alliance has a new Blue Chorus modeled from Boss CE2. It does a good job in emulating this pedal.

For me John, I love the Chorus sound. In my Pedal Train, I have 5 Chorus pedals!! Each one has it's own sound. My fav is the Boss, next is the Dan Electro, followed with a tie in third with the TC, the Fulltone, and the Leslie pedal. That Keeley Seafoam in the bottom is also a very clean chorus, as is the TC. 

[edit] Forgot to say that Ken had the best VST chorus that I have heard. Very simple but it was very good. It was in the original Shred. Let me know if you need it.
2018/06/07 10:50:31
gswitz
Looks like a fun set of pedals.
2018/06/07 14:19:06
Grem
gswitz

Looks like a fun set of pedals.

It is!

But as usual, we always want more!!

I really wish I had a way (relatively priced) that I could hook up all the pedals, and with a switching system choose what is in the signal chain. Am I asking too much?
2018/06/07 14:27:15
bitflipper
The one I turn to most often when nothing else in my smearing toolkit does the trick is Valhalla's UberMod.
2018/06/07 18:36:48
JohnKenn
Thanks guys for the tips. Was actually just playing with Ubermod. Got to revisit Shred. Most of Ken's stuff had a touch of magic. Was also getting some good things out of the old PSP Nitro and their N2O.
2018/06/08 00:41:34
Fleer
ÜberMod won’t disappoint, John. It’s a Swiss knife for all sorts of creativity and it does a mighty sweet (or sour) chorus. There are three Valhalla’s they’ll have to pry from my dead hands: Room, ÜberMod and VintageVerb.
By the way, nice train you have there, Master Grem.
2018/06/08 03:23:52
JohnKenn
Thank you Fleer.  Ubermod is cool and the stereo spread for chorus effects is all in the tweaking and saving some weird user preset. The Valhalla plugs are incredible.
2018/06/08 07:50:10
Grem
Fleer

By the way, nice train you have there, Master Grem.

Thanks Fleer. I never thought I would have that many pedals. I went so many years with just one Ibanez Flanger. The yellow one.
2018/06/08 09:59:24
emeraldsoul
Brauer motion from waves ?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account