• Software
  • azslows .dll now makes it really possible to seriously look at Reaper....
2018/06/09 23:15:10
joden
To open CWP files in Reaper. Brilliant.

TBH, the only reason I was sticking with Sonar was not being able to (without considerable argy bargy) access Sonar projects.

Been with Cakewalk since just after Twelve Tone - but finally the road has ended. I am not entirely happy with directions, options and future licensing possibilities and after trialling Reaper (like it installs in about 2 minutes!) using azlows.dll (and it only costs $60) well, for me, and my less than pro setup it is perfect. Time will tell for sure though, but initial reaction is positive.

Thanks to all folks here who have helped me out from time to time, very appreciative. Now to re-install the OS to completely remove all Sonar registry entries and other bloatware/junk

ciao
2018/06/09 23:29:30
The Maillard Reaction

2018/06/09 23:44:43
dubdisciple
dj squarewave
Isn’t this one of those things that just isn’t possible?

He seems to have figured it out.
2018/06/10 01:41:25
Anderton
The industry should have hired azslow to create AAF 
2018/06/10 02:46:12
michael diemer
Yes, but can he do one to go from Reaper to Cakewalk?
2018/06/10 03:22:07
joden
No, and if you check the link he advises to create a new directory for the audio data. But the question is, why would you bother trying to go back?? Seems a bit silly. There are some other limitations, but for me and the simple projects I have it works fine and dandy! I think the limitations are perhaps some plugs and mebbe some track work, not sure...but it imports audio and midi very nicely.

Anyhoo, link is http://www.azslow.com/ind...hla36np959quq2m9a13bb0
2018/06/10 03:47:27
dj squarewave

Isn’t this one of those things that just isn’t possible?

. . . well according to someone who shall remain nameless it supposedly was

michael diemer

Yes, but can he do one to go from Reaper to Cakewalk?

Why would you want to
2018/06/10 09:30:53
msmcleod
Anderton
The industry should have hired azslow to create AAF 

+1 to this - my thoughts exactly
2018/06/10 09:59:21
paulo

When CW appeared to be dead, concerned about the future viability of access to older projects I tried the reaper conversion thing and it was a complete mess tbh. It opened the file and had some semblence of having some tracks present, but that was about it. Everything was all over the place and selecting play produced nothing but garbled noise (don't be mean now).

I say this not to have a go at azslow's work as I wouldn't know where to even start such an undertaking, but just to point out that in my experience it was very far removed from a one click solution to converting from one to the other and it might be somewhat misleading to suggest that it is.

As for Reaper, I seem to remember there were some features that seemed nice although I can't remember what they were now, but the plug-in menu system sure needs some work....ugh. My overall impression of it was probably not helped by the sample project that I downloaded from the website. I couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be a joke or not, but it was truly frigging awful (and that's coming from someone who very much knows that his abilities are somewhat limited).  Suffice to say that I came to the conclusion it must have been created as an opportunity to practice the use of melodyne if/when they ever get the ARA integration sorted.

2018/06/10 10:09:09
iRelevant
Bravo for Azlow, a great man it seems. I'm not using reaper much, still have it on evaluation, but plan to eventually buy it. Not so much for that I actually need it, but to support development of it. I will never forget the great work done back in the day with winamp, which was also fairly free to use. And the efficiency of it. 

I think Cakewalk absolutely should hire Azlow on a project basis to improve the MIDI/controller section of the Cake.
He seems to master this area very well. I would love to see a much easier way of taking in use the plentora of new  controller that have become available in recent years. 

It's great to hear that Cake actually have such a mature file format that such a conversion as mentioned is possible.  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account