• SONAR
  • Dragging items in the Prochannel is wacky
2018/11/01 02:20:00
cparmerlee
Somewhere along the line, it became difficult to drag the items in the Prochannel up and down to change their order.  It used to be that you simply grabbed the top bar of an element and dragged up or down.

Now it seems like I have to drag way far up or down to get the item to change positions.  Sometimes I cannot move the item at all because I can't drag far enough in the window.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior?
2018/11/01 09:54:32
msmcleod
From what I can tell, you just need to drag it as far as the top bar of the other plugin.

Obviously if dragging from after EQ to before EQ, this means dragging it further (as EQ is taller), but this can be easily worked around by minimising the EQ module.

2018/11/01 13:55:46
cparmerlee
msmcleod
From what I can tell, you just need to drag it as far as the top bar of the other plugin.

That is how it used to work for me.  But now, I have to drag about three times as far -- way past the top bar of the other plugin.
2018/11/01 14:41:08
msmcleod
cparmerlee
msmcleod

That is how it used to work for me.  But now, I have to drag about three times as far -- way past the top bar of the other plugin.

Are you maybe using a different DPI font setting on your display?
2018/11/01 15:06:28
cparmerlee
msmcleod
cparmerlee
msmcleod

Are you maybe using a different DPI font setting on your display?

I don't think so.  I think I have the default.  However, I do use 3 monitors, and the monitor the ProChannel is on does have one peculiarity.  When I set it to the factory default resolution, it clips about 4 pixels on the left and right.  So I use the Nvidia control panel to give it a custom size that is a few pixels narrower.  I don't have to change the vertical dimension.  Possibly this is confusing SONAR.

=============

On edit, I played around with this some more.  I think I have described the problem incorrectly.  It doesn't relate to the monitor resolution.  The problem seems to be when the Prochannel is "tall", with lots of plugins, all expanded to full size.  If I have to scroll to get the top plugin into view, I cannot change the position of THAT plugin.  I cannot drag another above it and I cannot drag the top one down.  If I minimize enough of the plugin such that I don't have to scroll the Prochannel window, then it works as expected.
2018/11/04 14:19:19
stevec
FWIW, it seems to be intermittent here, and possibly dependent on which modules are used.   Do you happen to have Rematrix inserted?   That may be one of the modules "blocking" that upward drag but hard to tell for sure.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account